• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank salvage yard in Iraq.

kcimb

Lonesome715 said:
I meant to include that in my list of options as well. I have seen them take sledge hammers to AK's around here.
Any chance of getting pics of the Aks?

The ATF might let you bring back a few 'sporting' rifles if you so desire, maybe some C&R weapons.

Lonesome715

Well another day has gone to crap already. I went out there today to get this stuff finished and a call went out on the radio that I had to respond to. Those damn insurgents just do not care if I have plans or not.

kcimb

Lonesome715 said:
This is the other truck I have been working on. WHat do you do when you can only fit a wrench and cannot get enough leverage? you use a fork lift to break the nut losse. The final photograph is victory. One side done and lessons learned.

rofl

I see the iraqis are having a positive influence on you :D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All that armor and you're pulling parts off a civvy pickup. rofl Love the Iraqi colors on the gas tank filler cover! What in God's name happened to that truck? Not much left of it except for the scrap metal content....

kcimb

maddawg308 said:
All that armor and you're pulling parts off a civvy pickup. rofl Love the Iraqi colors on the gas tank filler cover! What in God's name happened to that truck? Not much left of it except for the scrap metal content....
MOhammed discovered why the infidels go crazy on saturday nights :lol:

Lonesome715

You should see some of the other Pick ups out there. The Irai police uses them and they get blown up and shot to hell all the time. Those guy roll around outside the wire with a machine gun mounted in the bed.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Brave men and the future of Iraq is in the hands of men not afraid to fight the terrorists for a free Iraq. How many boxes have you sent home so far? I know I sent a few and when I got home they were all stacked up on the back porch.

Lonesome715

Several. I use MRE boxes becuase they are very sturdy. My wife is not happy when she sees one come in. They are always heavy and she has a hell of a time organizing the stuff in them. She said the mail man already knows whos house they are going to when they arrive. These brake assemblies are a little different though. I want them for our tow vehicles and they are far from light. One caliper with out the pads wieghs 16 pound. I have not weighed the bracket and backing plate assembly yet, but they sure feel heavy. Even though it will cost me a couple of hundred to send three sets home, I am still saving well north of $2000 when it is all done.

Lonesome715

And by the way, I know most of the Iraqi police are serving their country and working towards a stable Iraq. But let me tell you from experience, not all of them are on our side. I have seen first hand some of them detonate an IED on one of our convoys.

Lonesome715

I really do not want to know what I have spent on shipping so far. I have to go get some more wooden ammo crates out of some of those bunkers I posted photographs of. I might need them to ship home the brake parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks