• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL has extended a day on several auctions for?

OldGoat

This morning I checked & several auctions I was watching had about 9 hours left. Now when I check, GL has added a full day more to the auction, making it end on friday instead of thursday. Several auctions say up at 5:00 in red high lights, but click on them & it's another day. I wonder what's up with that?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe a dealer needed more time to raise funds. :)

Just kidding!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There were 2 trucks I was bidding on that got extended.

If there is anything that should be illegal, this is it.

As I have said before, GL upholds the finest traditions of American business.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were 2 trucks I was bidding on that got extended.

If there is anything that should be illegal, this is it.

As I have said before, GL upholds the finest traditions of American business.

So if I want a "Clinto Approved" truck I just need to bid on one near you that was extended?

Wouldn't do me any good - E U C..................

Someday................

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So if I want a "Clinto Approved" truck I just need to bid on one near you that was extended?

Wouldn't do me any good - E U C..................

Someday................
They don't get approval until I see them in person!!! rofl

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seven trucks I've bid on, and four I'm watching at 6 locations were extended.

Last edited:

zb39

Quite interesting, we are all seeing the same thing, i guess we are looking at the same items!:razz:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They were not getting big enough bids on them, some items didn't even have the min $150 on them.

2027Deuce

GL has been the pits lately. I have never had any issues with them in the past but wow have they screwed up my last EUC. I think they need to hire more help.:deadhorse:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sure messes up my bidding! What if they end now? Who knows!:evil:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every single one of them that where ending today have been extended.

I bet it was the TEA PARTY yesterday that caused it.....LOL

jrou111

It was done 1-2hrs before the ending of the auctions today. You should have seen all of the last minute bids, some of the stuff I was watching went up $3000 in 15 min then they noticed the auction didn't end.

GL :roll:

ccequipment

I bid on some trucks a 4pm, walked away as I normally do, came back in about 5:30 to see what I had won or lost and noticed they have extended the auction 24 hours. This makes a guy just wonder If they like pissing everyone off or what. It just dosen't seem right some of the things they have been doing.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what happened. I believe that GL wanted to try a new plan to increase sales by getting the newbies to bid at the last minute on two days thereby increasing the prices substantially...and being newbies they will comply. Fortunately, I was not bidding, but I'd be pissed if they had pulled this on an auction on which I was bidding. Guiys have to be kidding themselves to believe that GL staff don't watch this list. They saw on a previous thread how many guys said they come in and bid at the last minute...and it happened again. I was watching and saw trucks jump a couple thousand in the last 10 minutes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks