• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL has extended a day on several auctions for?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CCEQUIPMENT: What gave you the impression that they gave a flying crap what you or anyone else thought? That is where you went wrong. This is a company run by a bunch of idiots...who happen to know how to bleed us dry. The sooner you and other realize that the better.

brianrbull

This is twice GL has thrown a wrench in the turbo this week...First with my Vanishing MKT lot now with extending the closing time...We have to play by the rules IE NOT discussing up comming auctions, payment deadlines removal deadlines(I have a good story on that one)....What can we do about this? who do we complain to? anyone know the name or phone # for GL's COR? (Contracting Officer Representitive?

998Junkie

Here is what happened. I believe that GL wanted to try a new plan to increase sales by getting the newbies to bid at the last minute on two days thereby increasing the prices substantially...and being newbies they will comply.

First time poster, I was attempting to check my bids last night at about 12 this morning and the site was down, further the links redirected back to the main liquidation site and if you clicked on the gov liquidation link it was also not working. All links in emails didn't work. I tried over a 20 minute period and same problem, then I called it a night. I have no idea how long prior or after the site was down.

If the site was down and went down while bidding was occurring then I don't know what else they could have done. I'd like to have more information on what happened.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I understand, they only get a default if you agree to pay. If you decide not to bid anymore, they are out their money. They will probably read this post and change their policy, but I know at least two people who defaulted through no fault of their own and NEVER paid. One guy was on deployment in Iraq...out in the field...and had no idea that GL changed their payment policy (immediate charge for all successful bidders). He thought he could pay when the EUC was approved.

OldGoat

The funny thing, is at first I thought I lost a day. I went through my wallet looking for a receipt & then went to a calendar to check what day it was. LOL. So much for this being a binding contract. Whoever is top bidder on this shyt should own it at this moment.

SR71BLACKBIRD

I was busy today so i asked them to extend auction till tomorrow when i get time to bid last minute:stir pot:, Sorry. Bet I know where we all will be at 4:59 tomorrow!!!!

bassetdeuce

According to GL, its was a problem with credit cards today, so as a result they extended all auctions to give everyone a chance to bid. I'm not making this up. rofl

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my email from GL. They said due to technical difficulties ( too low of bids......) they where extending multiple auctions.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Technical difficulties? Strange that they only figured it out a few minutes before the auctions were set to end. It would have been more believable if they had put a notice on their website an hour or more before they decided to change the auction end time.

Monkeyboyarmy

This is twice GL has thrown a wrench in the turbo this week...First with my Vanishing MKT lot now with extending the closing time...We have to play by the rules IE NOT discussing up comming auctions, payment deadlines removal deadlines(I have a good story on that one)....What can we do about this? who do we complain to? anyone know the name or phone # for GL's COR? (Contracting Officer Representitive?

Did they end up finding a MKT for you? Please elaborate on the removal deadline:popcorn:.

Farmun

Wow ! Just Wow !

I walked out of the office thinking I had a truck. Then get around to check the GL site, and see this stuff. What a crock !!!

I never saw they were extending the auction, until about 30 minutes ago. I'll have to pull up the files from the computer's memory to see when the dates were extended or at least when they were posted as being extended.

Bummer! :cry:

Avn-Tech

Group,

I woke up early to place bids at the last minute on several things, and noticed that the days were changed. I thought I had just made a mistake on closing dates. I also noticed that all the items I was looking at were higher then I wanted to pay.

early this week they pulled 5-10 trucks, plus other items I was looking at. Only one had a statement saying it was pulled. All the others just dissapeard from the site.

I had a fight with GL when they first took over the sales and stopped buying from them. I just returned and started bidding on items last month. Maybe I made a mistake and need to stop bidding again. As was said earlier there is nothing I need, just things I want!

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was looking at 2 trucks all week and itching to bid. Even called my son at 4p and we talked about where we could stash 2 for several months. At 430p I logged on and saw the prices were holding and just turned off the laptop. I did not want or need 2 more trucks. Period!!! Now Its is 5 hours later i log on and see that they are still there screaming out "buy me, buy me"". Well I guess my will power is being tested by someone upstairs. I can say this must be like going to an AA meeting, and when you get there they are having a kegger. Now in defense of GL, if the system did freeze there is not much more they could of done except maybe extend it out several hours instead of a day. MY 2 pennies!! Not looking at GL until Saturday!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin (RANCHHOPPER), unfortunately, there are guys out there who will not think like you. They will rush in to fill the void because they want to get their deals rather than act on principal. I will not be bidding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks