• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL has extended a day on several auctions for?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin (RANCHHOPPER), unfortunately, there are guys out there who will not think like you. They will rush in to fill the void because they want to get their deals rather than act on principal. I will not be bidding.
I will not bid any further on my auctions either. So, I lose but, GL will not gain from me this week!

Rebelpride

Here's why the auctions were extended: Dear Valued Customer,

Due to technical difficulties, the following auctions have been
rescheduled to close on Friday, April 17, 2009:

* IA4139 Coast-to-Coast Industrial, Marine & Vehicular
* IA4140 Demil Q Industrial, Marine & Vehicular
* IA4141 Ammo Cans & Containers
* IA4180 Coast-to-Coast Industrial, Marine & Vehicular
* IA4181 Demil Q Industrial, Marine & Vehicular
* IA4182 Ammo Cans & Containers
* IA4306 Demil Q 5-Ton Wrecker Trucks
* IA7126 Coast-to-Coast Industrial, Marine & Vehicular
* IA7127 Ammo Cans & Containers

We appreciate your understanding and continued patronage.

Sincerely,

Government Liquidation

Blood_of_Tyrants

Yea, it went down in the middle of the freaking night when hardly anyone bids so they extend it for a day. Screw 'em. I put an opening bid on some trucks, but I'll be damned if I buy them now.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
THEY SUCK, Extending it should be Illegal..! False advertizing. They extended it 1 hr before the end of the sale. I bid thinking it ended in 30mins. Wrong, I will let them keep the junk and try and get the fee$$ from me. Its their way of getting more $$ for the junk. They email us 3 hrs after the change. Jerks.

I just went back to my bid history and the 17 things I'm watching at least 10 have been bid up since the 1st close time (5:00 pm today), good job not bad for a days work GL. The other interesting thing I noticed is the same d....bag has ran up 5 of 6 trucks in Fort Rutgers with bids at 10:22 pm (today), and ran them up pretty good. After all the SS rules and regs. on not talking about auctions and all the crap and grey areas we dance around as members you just wonder why we coddle to these pirates of the surplus auction racket :evil:. Oh yea I guess giving the last 4 numbers of this j..k-offs bid number is off limits or is it, maybe its not so bad to flush another rat out.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
REBELPRIDE, thanks for sharing that message from GL. Unfortunately, and I suppose this was your point, they said absolutely nothing!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of all the things I was bidding/watching the only ones that seem to be bringing more than normal are the 1009s. Usual shape but going for about $500 over normal. The M35A3s actually seem to be almost a grand less. What they should have done is cancel all the auctions that were going on at the time and start them over. It still would have p.o.'d everyone but I think it would be fairer than what they did. And contacting bidders before they did it would be nice too.

2deuce

The fact that GL extended all these auctions just minutes before they closed is what makes their reason stated for doing it a lie in my book. So far I lost 1 trailer on late bidding. Gl will make more $ on this ploy, I hope its not worth all of the bad feelings they generated about it and don't do it this way again. I won't be extending my bidding.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is not the only problem they are having. Read this transcript I just had with them:
info: You are now chatting with 'Melinda'
Melinda: Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?
Mike: Can you have someone check event xxxx, lot xxxx. there appears to be a problem with the software somewhere, as items 18 through 36 on the detailed list show negative quantities (and amounts).
Melinda: Sure, one moment please.
Melinda: Thank you for the information we will research the problem.
Melinda: Would you like me to contact you later with an update?
Mike: No, I'm watching that particular item. But it thought it was strange for the value of the lot to be a minus $476.45 and thought it could be part of a larger problem in your database. And the sooner you knew about it, the quicker it could be corrected. Thanks!
Melinda: Thank you, we appreciate the heads up.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it's kind of BS that they extended the sale, but it's apparently the magnitude of the extension bothering everyone. I've watched plenty of items go for an hour or more after the "close time" on a regular sale. It's normal behavior on GL. Bidding at the last minute does not matter on GL. So, bidding at the last minute today versus yesterday is the same. The problem is some guys now have an extra 24 hours to think about how much higher they'll go, rather than the normal 15 minutes. All I can say is: Pad your bids!!!

If they really had a problem and they couldn't process or award trucks after the sale, we'd have a totally different thread going right now with same basic griping...

GL sucks, but what can you do...

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Six of the seven trucks I stopped bidding on yesterday are now in overtime today as are two others I was watching. GL's getting no help from me on this!

brianrbull

Man Those wreckers in Lansing sure gained a LOT today 2-3k+ each. I looked at them when I was home in March while picking up my M818's and M1031 They were Rusty and several of them were partially dissembled......Way To go GL....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks