• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

ccequipment

Its going to be getting some 15.5's and my custom 2 piece bolt together wheels that I sell. I am also going to install a power steering, as I have plenty of them laying around here to here is a pic of a tire and wheel.

Attachments

ccequipment

Got some more done on it yesterday, we got the top pretty much done, I thought it turned out pretty good. I used a 4' wide piece of 16 gauge for the splice, and then added 3 struts across the top to stiffin it up out of 1-1/2 angle. Makes a good solid top out of it that way, I put about a 1.5" arch in the top for further support. Also I took a picture of the rear cab mount I made, using a similar design as the factory one, but it will allow me to put the bed a little closer to the truck. I have some welding to finsh on the top, and with any luck we will get some sort of step system and the fuel tank installed today

Attachments

ccequipment

It will have a price tag on it, but plan on driving it, but I said that about the last truck I built for myself, and only got to drive it 2 times before someone else wanted it worse than I did:-D

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I keep imagining this not bobbed with a 105 bed that has had its wheel wells removed.

How much frame do you have left behind the bed?

ccequipment

I have left the frame full length, it worked out perfect for the 9' M105 bed. I ended up with about 11" between the cabs, looks like there will be plenty of leg room, and of course I am planing on sliding the drivers seat back for the big guys. Here is a few pics with the bed set on temporary. Got all the steps and fuel tank mounted today. I also added some struts inside the cab to hold the side from moving between the doors. Whats your guys 2 cents between the steps. I thought about closing it in with sheet metal, but I think it looks ok the way it is. It will need to flex at some point anyway and you really could not tie the 2 together solid, it would have to float. Should be rolling tommrow.

Attachments

drjconley

Are you going the lengthen the rear drive shaft? If so what technique are going to use? If you are going to lengthen the drive shaft could take a few pictures, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Conley

davesgmc

at this point you will be putting final paint on by the weekend wont ya? SLOW DOWN! your making the rest of us look bad. lol

ccequipment

Are you going the lengthen the rear drive shaft? If so what technique are going to use? If you are going to lengthen the drive shaft could take a few pictures, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Conley
Looks like I am going to need about 7' of tube, I will proably just weld in a new tube. I have a machine I use to turn the shaft while welding it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd not join the boxes at all. What I think would be cool is a slide out tray/compartment there. You could use it for all kinds of storage or just a rack for some 50 cal or 20MM ammo cans. That would be way cool.

tm america

looks good not sure i would have went with those braces maybe a cool looking roll bars would have been better that way you could have put some three point seat belts in there to.ammo cans would work out or you could make some dummy panels.or put some gerry can holders and just do so extensions on the steps .the gerry cans could sit side ways and would come in handy for extra water ,:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks