• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

ccequipment

Here is a couple more pics from Friday, We hung the rear springs, fliped the hubs on the rear axel, and installed it. This truck just had a fresh complete brake job front and rear from the military. Also go the fuel lines hooked up. Looks like the drive shaft will be 97" long, so looks like I will need a carrier bearing. Been busy with filling customers orders so I didn't work much on the truck this weekend or today. I did manage to get the A/C compresser mounted. Proably won't get a whole lot done on it this, with Haspin coming up and everything else.

Attachments

tm america

i agree a shelter would be awsome on there .more pics of the cab.ive been wanting to make a crew cab and keep it 6x6 but shorten the wheel base .and put a really short bed on there just to hide a rear winch

ccequipment

Found some extra time today and got the A/C up and running. Looks like its going to work good. The compresser mount turned out good, I made it come off the front of the head using 3 bolts. I made it out of 1/2" steel and modified a couple of universal brackets from the kit. I also have a front mount off the Generator arm bracket. The compreser adjusts for belt tension. I just got a 12" longer belt that runs the gen. water pump and comp. of the crank pulley. I mounted the unit in between my seats up front, will proably have to point a duct or two back for the rear. Can't wait to see how it will cool once its all done, I have the winshelids out , got some new ones for it, so it won't work to well without that, and with all the other holes I have to seal up. Kit is from Nostalgic Air here is a link to it https://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/big-truck-floor-mount-evaporator-system-453.php
I did get a little smaller condenser than what they offer, which worked out good. I have used a kit from them before, its decent stuff, some componets are made in the US and others in China of course. All in all I think it will be fine

Attachments

Reactions: DAS

Mark2X2

Clinton,
That truck is kick ass! Super job! Are you going to insulate your cab and floor some how? Or is the A/C big enough to keep ahead of all the heat that comes up through the floor?
Mark

ccequipment

I am going to try it the way it is first, its a big unit desgined to cool a large semi sleeper cab, and it acts like it will do the job. I will just have to wait and see. I will undercoat it the floor some more, and see what happens. i also plan on tinting the windows, so that should help also.

Jakob

I am going to try it the way it is first, its a big unit desgined to cool a large semi sleeper cab, and it acts like it will do the job. I will just have to wait and see. I will undercoat it the floor some more, and see what happens. i also plan on tinting the windows, so that should help also.
I think the undercoating and tint will go a long way in heat reduction. That is, assuming you can get all the gaping holes closed up :p
The biggest issue may be getting the doors to seal up good to the cab? I'm not sure how good hard tops are about this though.

ccequipment

Your right on those doors, hard tops are a little better. My plan is to remove the hard top, sandblast everything, Primer everything, and edge the places where the top sits with 383 green, and paint the inside of the top with 383. Than I am going to put some foam insulation back on the inside of the hard top and install it. Than I will drill and fit all the window seals before painting the entire truck. This should provide a decent seal. I am hoping to sandblast the truck today before I leave for Haspin so my guy will have something to work on tommorow.

ccequipment

Got some pics of the truck, We sandblasted it thursday before I left for the rally. Body was in nice shape and rust free, and only had a few dents to fix. They body work is all complete on the cab. I edged the top where it mounts to the truck before installing it so it won't rust. We also put 1" foam insulation in the top before we mounted it for the last time. Just have to get those windows to seal up good now. I also made a snorkel for the air cleaner out of 4" exhaust pipe from NAPA, and used a couple of clamps to mount it to the exhaust pipe. I think it looks pretty cool plus it will keep all the mud and water out. Should get the PPG Epoxy primer on it tommorow and maybey the green if all goes well. I got a big mess to clean up first.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks