• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found lots of MVs and Trailers Must sell in 60 days Half Track etc

citizensoldier

Anybody from the east taking a trip out? Man I wish the timing was better for me. Keep the pictures coming please I am interested in any flathead 6's .. 230's,237's,251's,265's.. 4 and 5 speed Dodge trans and PTO's.. Any MU2 winches or LU4's? Why does all the good stuff have to be so far!!

bigelk50

Very tempting to head out that way. As I will be jobless next friday, I doubt I will make it. Would be nice to bring a flat bed full of stuff home though.
Gimpy there is alot of west coast guys out here that need stuff the you guys have in abundance and we cannot get so I think that you should make it worth your time to come out. Not get rich, but pay for fuel and food and lodging. You could bring us our stuff and make money and then take stuff back home to sell. It would be a fun trip.

bigelk50

So sad too see so much good stuff sitting like that. You wonder what some of these people were thinking. I have seen the old collections rusting in the weeds in orderly rows but most of that seems crammed in there hastily. If you are gonna pay for stuff why plop it in piles and leave it to rust???? I sincerely hope that it all finds new owners and not the melting furnace. If i hit the lotto i would be the new owner of one heck of a pile of stuff on the west coast. Oh yeah, and that HEMMTT you westcoasters have over that way too....
Yeah I do not know what people are thinking when they do this. I think that in this case the guy got in over his head just before he died. He has green fever and bought all he could with good intentions. but it never happened.

bigelk50

Anybody from the east taking a trip out? Man I wish the timing was better for me. Keep the pictures coming please I am interested in any flathead 6's .. 230's,237's,251's,265's.. 4 and 5 speed Dodge trans and PTO's.. Any MU2 winches or LU4's? Why does all the good stuff have to be so far!!
I can look around for flatheads and trannies. I know that there are the old m151 running engines and tranies $200 obo. I will go through the trucks and take pics of any flat heads as well as the truck. Funny you say that all of the good stuff is on the west coast. We out here say its all on the east coast.

Last edited:

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]hey if someone goes out there let us know we might be able to help pay for the trip if you throw a couple more tons on the back of your truck lol. Hey do you have any more pix of those old trucks (especially the dump trucks) and what kind of price rang on those (if you know). I have always wanted one of those and if the deal is right I might just snap and have to make a trip up there my self. [/FONT]

bigelk50

I would image no more than 1500 for most of them. I am uploading pics now of an orange one. This is as nice as they get and its complete check out the pics. when they get up here

LightCorporal

Yes sir; you are right about the dreams not matching the reality; that elderly gentleman had,
as you say, the 'green dream', but Lord have mercy, child: to plant all that gorgeous stuff there in about the best rust-growing region in the lower 48.... I know I too, tend to give in to dreams which are not about to happen. Nice nature pictures, though. Seems to be a bit of iron in the soil thereabouts. That halftrack appears to be one of the rag-top models... reminds me of the Polish Navy's new submarine with all the features, including screen doors. I too, water around the mouth, just looking at that junk. All of us overgrown boys do, eh?
My wallet about jumps out of my pocket, looking at those old vehicles. (Sigh!)

LightCorporal

He had a dream, now it's a bit rusty

Yes sir; you are right about the dreams not matching the reality; that
elderly gentleman had, as you say, the 'green dream', but Lord have
mercy, child: to plant all that gorgeous stuff there in about the best
rust-growing region in the lower 48.... I know I too, tend to give in to
dreams which are not about to happen. Nice nature pictures, though.
Seems to be a bit of iron in the soil thereabouts. That halftrack appears
to be one of the rag-top s... reminds me of the Polish Navy's new submarine
with all the features, including screen doors. I too, water around the mouth,
just looking at that junk. All of us overgrown boys do, eh?
My wallet about jumps out of my pocket, looking at those old vehicles. (Sigh!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks