• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton ESP Truck

wehring

I have no idea what I just bought but I love it. It appears to be a 5 ton ESP truck. 7 speed Allison and Caterpillar motor. The truck is made by AM General and it is listed as an M923E3.

Any ideas? I would LOVE to find some manuals for it.

I was cruising a 60mph at 2100rpm on the way home.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Reactions: HDN

papercu

The M35A2 and the HEMTT had a ESP program but I haven't heard of any 5 ton going though one.
Was this bought from the government? Wayne

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the truck!! Glad that it is MORE than you expected! Usually it goes the other way, doesn't it? Any way, thought I would add this for the first and probably last time! LOLnopics
Congrats again!
God bless,

Tony:shock:

wehring

Not HI

This is not the "Pineapple Express" from HI but rather a local find. This is a truck I have been watching for several years that came direct from Aberdeen's proving ground.

It is dark but I will go snap some pics of the ESP tag and Allison 7 speed indicator.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Help

Thanks for the kind words but the credit goes to Ed for sharing his rich collection.

I really need to find some info and tech mans for this truck. Anyone... Bruce, Bjorn, Chris, Tonka, James?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with TM's for that, I bet there werent that many printed for the handful of trucks that were made. And good luck contacting AMG for info.

wehring

Esp

Extended Service Program

Current inventory trucks are updated and reworked (new motor, trans, etc) to extends it's life span.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Ha!

Ha, good one Stu.

All the Mercedes and BMWs in the NASA parking lot will never be the same after this one visits. They are almost desensitized to the bobbers. Time to raise the bar.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks