• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton ESP Truck

wehring

changed tires

Here are some pics of before and after. The smaller tires are 14.5R20 (M35A3) XL Michelins. The larger tires are 395/85R20 XZL Michelins (M-ATV).

These are still smaller than the 14.00r20 tires that belong on the truck but these are working out great so far.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

work

Saturday I took the truck out for some humanitarian work. We cleaned up around a coworkers house that is big-picture sick. We hauled two loads of limbs, trimmings, etc away. The cover was great.

Sunday we took it beach camping. The sand was mid-calf deep in several areas. No worries...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

N14

I am sorry but I do not know what an N14 is. As for this motor. I love it but I am scared of it because of the repair costs if needed. It is computer controlled and I am ignorant to servicing them. It is a dream to drive with power to spare. I can easily pull away from traffic after a red light.

I am still working on the sister. The wheels turn slow but they do turn.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

eldgenb

N14

I am sorry but I do not know what an N14 is. As for this motor. I love it but I am scared of it because of the repair costs if needed. It is computer controlled and I am ignorant to servicing them. It is a dream to drive with power to spare. I can easily pull away from traffic after a red light.

I am still working on the sister. The wheels turn slow but they do turn.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
Hi Justin, the N14 is the last generation of the cummins 855 that the 5 tons already come with. The N14 was computer controlled and went up to 600 hp in some models. Almost a direct replacement fitment wise the the exception of the intercooler computer stuff etc.
Eldgen.

jaxsof

My Bad, (engage fingers before adjusting brain) I meant the NHC 855 the 809s origionally were shipped with. Thanks for finding, and correcting, my mistake Eldgen.

eldgenb

My Bad, (engage fingers before adjusting brain) I meant the NHC 855 the 809s origionally were shipped with. Thanks for finding, and correcting, my mistake Eldgen.
Glad I could help. Its kinda nice when someone asks a question about something that I actually know what I am talking about!:idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks