• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian "Pre-CUCV" Chevy

bbking

All the blackout lights is there,and working ; . And the grilleguard is sitting in the truckbed,alongside 8 oem wheels whit rockhard dryrotted tires, i even found the original troop/unit markings on it,just need to have the translated so i can get a bit of the history of the truck

bbking

now the autum has been good to us here in northern Norway, still autum, even if calendar says winter, so i had time to start removing the horrific blue paint 2016-10-14 14.13.44.jpg
getting there slowly :)

Freeland

I just read this entire thread, as well as the entire nearly 7-year-old Pirate4x4 thread. Very interesting, had no idea that the 1970's Canadian "Five-Quad" existed in their military. Clearly the reliability of their Five Quads paved the way for our 1980's CUCVs.

bbking, thanks for the update on your Canadian 5/4! It's looking great! Are you using aircraft paint stripper, or are you able to just kind of pick the blue paint off in flakes? Keep of the good work!

Last edited:

bbking

Hello again,no im not using aircraft stripper,its to strong and will ruin the original paint, im using a cheap brand paintstripper,realy cheap means not so strong,but perfect for this,and a powerwasher whit turbo nozzle,had great experience whit this combo on old "repainted" mv before,and this time it works like a champ too :)

Another Ahab

Hey, Espen; that's a great looking truck you got there.

What's that other rig parked up next to you?

And seeing that was your first post:

- Welcome from the USA, here in Virginia.

Hal O'Peridol

I have seen two of these 5/4 tons in the Vancouver area, one in Coquitlam and one in Maple Ridge. There is also a Military Hummer hiding out in a garage in maple Ridge. I wonder how many of there were Canadian Forces surplus, or picked up as used from the movie industry.

oboyjohn

I sure could have some fun with that truck. Brings back memories, I drove them for close to a decade. Tough as nails but they loved to suck gas.

Hal O'Peridol

On a firearms forum I belong to, there's a discussion of one of these for sale in Washington state. I have a relative in Oregon- it's a long shot, but I'd love to have it fall into the hands of someone I know (and hopefully, eventually, my hands). Does anyone know anything about the WA vehicle?
Do you have a link to the thread? Or at least which forum it is on?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks