• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian "Pre-CUCV" Chevy

M1031CMT

Like the back-up lights: that standard?
No. Just an add on for the CUCV since it is used for plowing (you can see the plow attached in the first pic).

Just a basic set of 12v flood lights from Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbor Freight). They turn on with a switch on the dash (so that they can be left on all the time if needed).

1976Chevy

hi oboyjohn I was wondering if by any chance you would know were I could find the throttle lock system they had in these old trucks I'm still looking and no luck so far

oboyjohn

Hi 76Chevy. I have no idea where you could find an original throttle lock for your truck. If you are looking for functionality over form, try adapting a old tractor throttle cable assy.

1976Chevy

Hi 76Chevy. I have no idea where you could find an original throttle lock for your truck. If you are looking for functionality over form, try adapting a old tractor throttle cable assy.
oh I didn't think of that lol I would only need the cable and plastic piece as I have all the original bracket someone took it apart before I bought this truck it would be nice to have it back original

redroad

I know its a long shot but looking for a full length t case skid plate for one of these beasts for my ride, any help or leads appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

redroad

I still have mine I could measure it give you with and length I know its 1/4inch thick steel
I would appreciate it!! any pics you might have would be great as well. Measurements of bends and angles would make my year.

These are some pics I have of one but I believe it is installed backwards. If I cant find an original I would like to have them reproduced for others in need.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

1976Chevy

I would appreciate it!! any pics you might have would be great as well. Measurements of bends and angles would make my year.

These are some pics I have of one but I believe it is installed backwards. If I cant find an original I would like to have them reproduced for others in need.

Thanks!!!
no not backwards if you look you see the back and front bolt it needs to move ahead the back bolt is supposed to be in that hole you see and the belly plate bolts flush to the rear cross member

1976Chevy

attachment[1].jpg at.jpg the red circles left picture are where the bolts bolt to the back of the cross member and the X also bolts to the rear cross member but on the front bend if that makes sense to you and the arrows are suppose to match together and the front bolt you can see bolts to the front of the front cross member if that make sense lol and the right picture yellow circles are where the bolts go on and red lines are where the cross members are supposed to be I didn't go measure my plate cause my road is flooded and I have to wait for the water to go lol

Last edited:

amgeneral72

Gave my buddy some paint & parts for his 1980 1 ton truck.
Then I showed him some of the pictures on this thread.
That did it.
I think a clone has now started.

WP_20160528_16_39_43_Pro.jpgWP_20160528_16_39_57_Pro.jpgWP_20160528_16_40_33_Pro copy.jpgWP_20160528_16_40_21_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this truck is a Line Truck , for laying and recovering field telephone wire, known in the US Army as a Wire Team Vehicle, this is the only known restored 5/4 Ton Line Truck in Canada, used to lay line between Headquarters and and other Comms hubs,

bbking

nice tread, i will revive it a bit if anyone dont mind, i got one of this trucks the other day, it came to Norway for the NATO program and have been stored here for years, before it got sold as civilian, the guy that bought it at some point just painted it blue, but lucky me, he did not remove any of the items (Army issued that is) when he used it, so the other day i did get it home, and its realy nice for beein 4 decades old, did drive it home, just some sputter due to 8 year old gasolin in the tanks and som minor leaks, otherwise it looks good, hardly any rust either

2016-05-11 20.55.04.jpg2016-05-11 20.55.20.jpg2016-05-11 20.55.26.jpg2016-05-11 20.55.30.jpg2016-05-11 20.55.55.jpg2016-05-11 20.56.05.jpg2016-05-11 20.56.12.jpg2016-05-11 20.56.23.jpg2016-05-11 20.56.33.jpg

And also have the grilleguard and sveral wheels/tires from the days, going to use them for showdays nly since they are rock hard now :p only thing is missin is the wheel winch drum, otherwise its complete, soo i better start working, some tlc needed

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks