• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you named you truck?

Rustygears

Truck Name

My son named my '82 Chevy K10 4x4 w/6.2L Diesel "Big Stinky" back in '96 when he was 2! It was an appropriate name and 15 years later we all still call it that. Now that we have a M35A3, we call it "Bigger Stinky" and if I get an M809, I've already decided it will be "Biggest Stinky".

M-35A3

My deuce came with the name/operation "Linebacker II" .I was thinking of renaming it but want to really figure out where its been then go from there.

( 307th BW
8th AF SAC ) <<bumper tag from previous owners unit

russ132

Aw crap, I thought the shop guys were original coming up with "Big Stinky" , You got me beat by a few years there Rustygears! Great names guys! I will have to try and experiment to see if the vinyl stickers will adhere to CARC.

paradeduty

in memory of THUMPER

Hey guys,

The only one that really got a name (I may resurect it on one of the others) because it fit so well - I've sold it to someone who wanted to restore it, but it was a 52 Studebaker M44 (cab & chassis only w/ factory singles in rear). I had custom rims on the back with 1800/22.5 (if I remember right) super single rubber on the rear only. A pencil would almost get cought between the rears! I used to call her "Thumper" after the Disney cartoon rabbit that I think was from the movie Bambi. Kind of fit with her "big back feet"! Had a stuffed 'Thumper the Rabbit' toy I kept in the truck for the shows. She was a good old girl. Dave.

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
No pet names, but "F-ing POS" has been used to address my Deuce from time to time. . . usually after some amount of DNA from my knuckles has been deposited somewhere on the truck.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have dubbed the M814 as the "Long Easy". Don't know why, other then she is longggggg and easy on the eyes........:mrgreen:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our original intent was to name our first Deuce "The Eager Beaver" after the original production REO's of the series. However....

As the story unfolded (follow the LINK below) the more appropriate name : The ARK : was assigned.

In Texas, Former Military Vehicles (FMV class) can be registered with Bumper Numbers ONLY. Since The ARK never had any Bumper Numbers assigned after her 1991 rebuild at the Toole Depot, then sold via DRMO to Schleicher County, TX, we had "Free License" to assign our own Bumper Numbers.....

Attachments

My M35A2 an AM General which came from Fort Richardson, Alaska and is named ironically "Cheechako", which means in "Alaskan Lingo" this interrpretion(Mispelled?) and means that your a Cheechako if you don't spend at least one winter in Alaska. In other words a "Greenhorn" My truck spent a total of 28 years there with the (172nd Support Group) and came down to the Montana state auction in Helena in 2000. "Cheechako" is a veteran thats for sure, a "Cold War Veteran"! It feels at home in cold Montana.

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

Vinyl does work only if you are using a Oracle or BMG high UV vinyl. These are thicker and stronger adhesive based and made for rough surfaces like CARC paints.

I have my own vinyl machine and software that I use for making logos for my company. In fact my avatar shows the vinyl I put onto my Hummer. I found it cheaper to buy the whole machine and software then it was just to do one side of the Hummer.

When installing the vinyl onto your CARC paint, use a soft rubber roller. This will help fill in the rough surfaces and leave less air bubbles. Oh and DO NOT USE soap or water when installing. It makes it to where it wont adhear unlike other smooth finishes... Just get it right the first time when using no soap.

armytruck63

On a rough road, I call my deuce "Leapin' Lena". The usual name is "Betsy". When we're going up a really steep hill, I encourage her by saying, "Come on Betsy, you can make it!"

When we crest the top, I pat her dashboard and say, "Good girl Besty. I knew you could do it."

Last edited:

russ132

If profanity was allowed it would be funny to here what all of our wives call our trucks. My wifes cakes my truck some very colorful and creative names.:oops:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first Deuce is named after my Mother, Shirley, second is after my wife, Holly and my 5-ton is named after my Dad, Big Jim.

sw

kastein

Mine does not have an official name but when I hit my head on it I just call her "Mxxxxr Fxxxxr"
you and me both...

A bunch of my friends call it "the massivemobile", has a kind of a nice ring to it. I mostly call it the big truck.
Full list:
Big truck - M54A2
Small truck - '91 Jeep MJ
Big jeep - '96 Jeep XJ
Small jeep - '98 Jeep XJ

The big jeep is getting junked in a year or two (too much rust, too beat) and the small jeep will become the big jeep. The rest are staying the same.

I refuse to admit to my addiction and still claim I will not be buying another MV, so this naming scheme should continue to work until I realize I'm only fooling myself.

I am having a vinyl made of of a certain page 3 girl :drool: First name Lucy and last rhymes with 'kinder' :razz: I'm still thinking of a good name for my deuce but for now my family, friends and I just refer to it as 'The General' ...methinks thats been taken...:mrgreen:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks