• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you named you truck?

SMOKEWAGON66

after much thought and debate i think i have settled on a name...im gonna call my M109a3

"The Great Depression"

this is a total play on words and can be interperated in several ways. i wont go into it totally but im sure all you smart guys out there might get it :beer:

quinryan

Vehicle Name-FrankenJimmy

Mine is not a Steel Soldier, per se, but I bought it (82 Jimmy with the 6.2) because it reminds me the CUCVs that I knew during my time in the Army. Unfortunately, it is years behind on -10, -20 and, -30 level maintainence because of the years of neglect it suffered at the hands of its previous owners.

And, I don't have access to a MATES an FSB or even a company motor-pool.

I do live in a military town (Colorado Springs), so I figured that locating parts and expertise wouldn't be that hard. So far, no good.

Anyway, because of all the other vehicles that I've taken parts from just to make it live, and then to keep it alive (with which I've met incomplete success), I've named this mess, "FrankenJimmy".

:deadhorse:

Bighurt

I told myself if I got an M920 I'd call it "Bighurt" but I won a M915A1 instead so I may call it "Lil'hurt".

My kids would love the name "Mack", they love the movie Cars. However I figured someday I might get a M123 so I've not decided just yet.

The M35 uses her bumper numbers, and she is affectionately called "the duece".

The F350 as a result is just referred to as the lil'truck, and the wifes F150 is "her truck"

oldMan99

I have a snorkeld Ram Charger that has only ED on the front from the Dodge emblem. We put them together and then wrote above it Special.

It got the name Special ED because its parts of many trucks and we chopped off the rear cabin section. Its weird but its capable of going thru 7 feet of water and coming back out freaking out the fisherman in his boat. lol
I dont think the fishermans mouth closed the entire time as I drove under the water and went right by him onto the other side of the lake there. Its shallow and we know every inch of the lake so it was a forseen event. lol
Poor fisherman didnt know what to do in his boat. lol
nopics
nopics

T

televisionman007

i call mine BRUISER cus i feel for anyone that gets in her way

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The name for the 819 depends on -1-if I have to work on it (GDPOS), 2- if I want to work on it (the truck), 3- If im just sitting in the cab (great truck), 4- just looking at it (beautiful truck), of course all of this when it is not wrecked

jerseyjeep2003

Well, my original thought was the Enterprise, but my wife ended that thought with, the Beast and a half...lol. Not real original, but it stuck. SOOOO Beast and half it is. I really didn't like her other choice of the 2.5 ton paperweight.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Bertha" After Bertha Butt, one of the Butt sisters.;)
OMG - ROFLMAO.... I hadn't thought about that song in a LOOOOOONG time.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, here's a PREHISTORIC MUSIC VIDEO to explain...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRXQEA0yj0[/media]

And THIS was sent to me recently under the Subject Heading "Original Sin"...

Attachments

4x4e350

OMG - ROFLMAO.... I hadn't thought about that song in a LOOOOOONG time.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, here's a PREHISTORIC MUSIC VIDEO to explain...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRXQEA0yj0[/media]
And THIS was sent to me recently under the Subject Heading "Original Sin"...
Whew! I was hoping I wasn't the only one who remembered Bertha Butt[thumbzup].

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks