• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What exactly is an EUC for?

paulfarber

I'm personally happy for the government to investigate. I don't like government regulation any more than the next guy, but this is one I can put up with considering the circumstances. I don't want some terrorist buying and slipping through the perimeter in case of a unmentionable attack, in a OD green machine. Only U.S. citizens of good repute (no criminals) are allowed to purchase. .
Are you serious? I mean you REALLY believe that? I am not trying to attack you, but this truly is your train of thought? REALLY?

McVeigh RENTED his truck. Stealing a cargo van or tractor trailer is a bajillion times easier than bidding on a truck that may or may not run, getting an EUC, getting an SF-97, titling it, registering it and getting insurance. Thats a lot of work just to have it go boom.

86k10

Are you serious? I mean you REALLY believe that? I am not trying to attack you, but this truly is your train of thought? REALLY?

McVeigh RENTED his truck. Stealing a cargo van or tractor trailer is a bajillion times easier than bidding on a truck that may or may not run, getting an EUC, getting an SF-97, titling it, registering it and getting insurance. Thats a lot of work just to have it go boom.
Couldn't have said it better, lets face it crooks and psycho killers don't go through legitimate channels to get what they want. It's nothing more than our Government treating us like criminals and controlling our every move and i for one don't like it. h*ll even the russians can see how bad it's gotten here, show us your papers please (except for the illegals). I was out of the country in 07 and it was appalling how badly i got treated when i came back in. Homeland Security, what a f ing joke.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone needs to check the lugnuts - the wheels on this bus are coming off.

:driver:

armadillofz1

you also agree to never sell your 40 year old scrap metal vehicles outside of the US. But,for example if you sold lets say several billion dollars worth of cutting edge military jets to, oh i don't know, saudi arabia, that would be fine.

armadillofz1

I'm personally happy for the government to investigate. I don't like government regulation any more than the next guy, but this is one I can put up with considering the circumstances. I don't want some terrorist buying and slipping through the perimeter in case of a unmentionable attack, in a OD green machine. Only U.S. citizens of good repute (no criminals) are allowed to purchase. And, they cannot export without special overseers and an export license. This is to control FMS acquisitions.

Also, you have to sign some paperwork assuring you will NOT sell to anyone but a confirmed U.S. citizen.

GSA should be doing the same thing, and I don't know why they are not.

It is a serious inconvenience, I admit. Probably why the prices go up immediately upon receiving the EUC AND the SF97 goes through for proper title and ownership.

Sales and ownership is strickly limited. Enjoy your hobby, and pay the prices if you don't want to go through the process. Oftentimes, it is the best way to go. You get a much better idea of what you are buying if you buy from an individual rather than from GL. He will have a track record with it. GL does not.

right, cause you couldnt get a can of spray paint and paint a chevy pickup truck green for 12 bux?

Here's your sign!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EUC Excellent Used Condition :p

Please keep this discusion civil, non- political and rated PG.

I'm the bus driver

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

#1 gets nailed - you are semi protected by the piece of paper, although the Govt. might claim that you needed to get #1 to fill out an EUC and submit it to them. #3 will be found under the prison when it is finally demolished.
OK...so your saying that everyone that buys an item from GL and fills out an EUC (and is approved) is responcible for this item for the rest of their lives? no offence intended just trying to get an idea as I've heard a couple different stories.

Westech

CPL
Yes FOREVER! There was a small town in the US that was given a Sherman Tank after WWII for there town center display and war memorial. Well about 4 years ago the DOD went checking on surplus tanks, cannons, that type of stuff and found a lot of it MISSING! No one knew where that tank went.
EUC are to leave a paper trail so things can be tracked if needed.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK...so your saying that everyone that buys an item from GL and fills out an EUC (and is approved) is responcible for this item for the rest of their lives? no offence intended just trying to get an idea as I've heard a couple different stories.
they expect you to keep records of who you sold to it is probably a good idea to scan buyers drivers license and copy the title with buyers information filled and save records of both . In michigan it is illegal to sell a vehicel without filling the buyers information on the title to prevent title jumping and the state from getting there cut in sales tax .Also provide them with a copy of the dod paperwork on no sales to non US citizens and no export. 2cents

HAWKMAN

they expect you to keep records of who you sold to it is probably a good idea to scan buyers drivers license and copy the title with buyers information filled and save records of both . In michigan it is illegal to sell a vehicel without filling the buyers information on the title to prevent title jumping and the state from getting there cut in sales tax .Also provide them with a copy of the dod paperwork on no sales to non US citizens and no export. 2cents
OK..that's always a good idea but the question is, what about the third or four guy that buys this vehical? I shouldn't be responcible for who the third/fourth/fifth owner of this vehical sells it to...I would think...?

paulfarber

Yes FOREVER! There was a small town in the US that was given a Sherman Tank after WWII for there town center display and war memorial. Well about 4 years ago the DOD went checking on surplus tanks, cannons, that type of stuff and found a lot of it MISSING! No one knew where that tank went.
I'd rather it 'go missing' (into private collections) that sit out and rot because some municipality would rather ignore it than take care of it.

Name me ONE gubment database that is even close to being correct and up to date.

I'm sure the EUC is a lot like the NICS handgun check. A basic look to see if you are a bad person. You can get turned down for a wrong entry, or people are approved that have no reason to be.

Only problem is an NICS check take 30 second on a phone... an EUC takes 30 weeks.

Westech

CPL
I'd rather it 'go missing' (into private collections) that sit out and rot because some municipality would rather ignore it than take care of it.
SO I can come and take your Jeep because I will take care of it better? What you just states is 100% theft no if and or but's about it. I do not think that is the right way to do things. 2cents

Last edited:

86k10

I'm thinking the bus driver here or someone needs to check this situation out for sure. If it is true you are held liable after you have sold it then i would think a person with any sense about him or her, would say I don't think so to buying from GL. Sure glad they can treat us like that, but heaven forbid we hold them liable for all the crooked and sick acts they do. When in reality that is exactly our job as citizens but we have failed miserably.

paulfarber

SO I can come and take your Jeep because I will take care of it better? What you just states is 100% theft no if and or but's about it. I do not think that is the right way to do things. 2cents
If I though I could weasel a tank from a backwoods municipality who would rather have money for a new play set for the kiddie park than a historical MV you bet I would. I would do it with a smile on my face and go out for steak afterwords. I would pay cash and have it of there by the end of the day.

Whenever the government is involved, NOTHING is ever done 'the right way'.

It's kinda sad that you think that.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur

Hummmmmm......somebody is in deeeeeep doo doo.

saddamsnightmare

January 25th, 2011.

Gents:

I don't know which are looser on here, the lugnuts or the towbar pins!;-) I fear some of our posters are gonna draw attention that they probably really don't want or need. Between you and I and the wall, the Romans probably had an EUC for used scorpions or war towers, but from one character who called me from Texas about Saddam's Nightmare, I would have been very, very worried about the character.....The accent was verry thick and it wasn't Texan.... If he had gone to look at the truck I believe I would have invited the FBI and Homeland Security to the inspection too.
When you think about it, all the original constitutionalists that seem to be crawling out of the woodwork lately, here, there, and elsewhere.... THERE is NOTHING in the U.S. constitution that says Uncle Sam has to do anything with his old gear, any or ALL of it! He doesn't have to sell it, store it, scrap it, or shoot it to the moon, or he can do any of the above if that's how he wants to dispose of it!so as far as I can see, we're fairly lucky that Sam's still selling anything at all! After WWII a lot of good equipment got dumoped in the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean and proabably into the Gulf of Mexico and the Carribbean to boot. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but I am plenty pleased Uncle retains the right to raise h--l with any lowlife that doesn't observe the EUC rules, because the problem this stuff could cause us stateside or overseas would be considerable if placed in the WRONG hands. McVeigh was a loon, but if he wanted to do what he did on a military base, the Ryder truck probably wouldn't have gotten him by the guard post, but how about some other flavor of trucks????? There are people in the world who value their lives at very little and yours not at all!
The world is not a safe place fellows, particularly not for Americans of every stripe, belief and -ism,... and it isn't gonna get any safer by giving the bad guys deuces and other toys to play with.....

Just my .02 worth,

SMILE, your EUC's being inspected by some really bored GS-3!;) or maybe a really underpaid contractor with a bad attitude....!

Last edited:

KsM715

I know where that tank is. :twisted:

Nonotagain

Having to fill out a EUC is kind of like watching a Scared Straight episode on TV.

Uncle Sugar somewhat wants to keep track on old military equipment. Sometimes they (the government) screw up and write the wrong demil code down and an almost new FMTV truck gets auctioned off without a EUC required. Other times they (the government) come looking for the gages from your truck due to old glow in the dark paint.

Uncle knows that you aren't going to keep records for your life time to be able to track whom the present owner is of a 40 year old truck is. The EUC places a burden on you to inform the next owner that the equipment can't be sold to non-citizens or exported without approval.

The GSA T&C documents require you to provide them with your SSN just to be able to bid. GL thru DRMO only requires said SSN if you are the winner of a demil B or Q controlled item.

The buyer’s premium is a standard in live auctions. Charging for a SF-97 is bullcrap as title (ownership) to the vehicle isn't established unless a SF-97 or title is created.

If you don't want to play the EUC game, you can always purchase from someone that did and pay their mark-up.

86k10

January 25th, 2011.

Gents:

I fear some of our posters are gonna draw attention that they probably really don't want or need.

What kind of attention are we going to draw? We are having a normal discussion here, Isn't that our 1st Amendment right? Or do we have a new gestapo here that i'm not aware of. What kind of government and society do we really have if we can't even say what's on our minds in discussions like this one. Makes me sick to think it's gotten this bad. Wasn't it Jefferson who talked about what our country will be when the people have to fear their government. Well i for one don't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks