• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advise asap

planeswalker

Maybe we should publish a magazine for just this singular purpose? You know follow along on recoveries, take pictures, discuss the issues, sell 'em to the public, make a tidy little profit, divy up the proceeds, start a scholarship fund, organize as a club, advertise services and surplus. Just a thought.

Hope the trip goes well sweetie. Yes, there was a lot of question answering/researching that I did before buying my deuce, but you know the vast majority of you have come off as complete jerks and wow did that do wonders in making Hannah, and who knows who else, feel welcome or encourage her in her enjoying the same thing we all do.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hope the trip goes well sweetie. Yes, there was a lot of question answering/researching that I did before buying my deuce, but you know the vast majority of you have come off as complete jerks and wow did that do wonders in making Hannah, and who knows who else, feel welcome or encourage her in her enjoying the same thing we all do.

Here you go sweetie, your very own 13000lb pickup truck, hop on up and give her a spin, what?, you've never driven one of these, heck it's simple, just push that red button there and GO!!!!, buzzer?, oh, hold on a sec I'll unplug it, there your good to go, try not to kill anyone on your way home!, 400 miles?, sure, no problem, it'll make it!, oh, oh, and make sure you pump the brakes a few times before you have to stop, Good luck!, I'll mail your title as soon as I get it!

All it takes is some Dumb A S S, to kill a family on their way home from picking up a truck they have no idea how to drive and ALL of us will be wondering what to do with our trucks, because the law just changed, and they are no longer allowed on the road!

Waiting now for the member named "Rent is to Dam ned high" to chime in with his two cents. . . .

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Really time to make this thread go away!, it's posted in the wrong da mn forum anyway, should be a clue the whole thing is BS!

Time to turn the TROLL filter back on. . .

:rant:

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you missed the part about not knowing anything about the truck except where it was at and her total knowledge of a duece is watching a couple of females driving one on you-tube . It is just that many of us here perfer not to be on the same highway with someone like this. So if that makes me a jerk so be it . Her entire plan (if you can call it that ) is one BIG ACCIDENT waiting to happen .

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Figured it was right from the get go. Said it before, will say it again, the site is under a soft attack by elements that want to claim they need help just to see if they can start a fight. Look at a super high number of noob threads since last week.

Last edited:

westechs_wifey

so here is my 2cents I have no problem with newbies asking for advice......since we all were there once.........BUT there is no need for DRAMA........would love for DRAMA-FREE postings[thumbzup] since we are all here for the love of the green iron:driver:

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I'm inclined to think that Hannah is/was legit! The world is full of Kids today that are very accustomed to instant gratification. What she supposedly paid for the truck is not much compared to the 4 wheelers and snow machines most own. Lots of Folks only worry about the "here & now". Several here have said it, her reception was not exactly warm and fuzzy, but it was overwhelming. Why in the world should she check back? Especially if the recovery went smooth.

A bunch of us have done stuff like that - we just don't remember how dumb it was! As for one more jerk on the road.... Get over it - the highway is full of them!

Maybe somebody that is pretty savvy could try to contact the Flipper, & "check on the status of one of out members", and her well being - we lost track of her, etc....... as for policy, well, were all individuals - from Kids to Old Farts

W.K.Lowe

Well I for one (being verry new to this also) lerned a lot from this thread, I have ben serching all over for some of the manuals that links have ben given here, and thanks to everyone who posted sead links. I have ben reluctant to ask for help before doing some reading and serching for myself.
So thanks to everyone who had something constructive to add to this post because it helps more people than just the OP........

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome WK, ask away, we will do our best. You have to accept not all can convey their willingness to help, but we all mean well.

m816Buch

has anyone on here had the insight to call the guy she was purchasing the truck from and ask him??????? say you were concerned about her after not heard from her..........that would end the story though.......DUUUUHHH

MorbidMiss

It wouldn't necessarily end the story, it could speak to whether it was an actual person, and if she managed to pick up the vehicle. Not so much on whether she got home okay.

emr

Thanks Gimpyrob for your support and willingness to share your knolodge, im sure ill be picking your brain sometime....lol, thanks
;)
U have been reading and listening first like most people do, that is greatly respected here, the "OH MY GOD " I NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!!! like said "drama" is a waste of anyones time, she never said thanks or anything? typical of those who want such fast info , they are clueless and deserve the ribbin they get :) Good luck on here, its worth it to follow the threads like U are doin,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks