• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advise asap

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Maybe she liked the nity brothers and took the vid, I checked some other nity vids (a very hard thing to do, about made me sick) only found this one posted. ????????????????

JDToumanian

I would understand a woman who had previously served in the military being interested in military vehicles. However, the impression that I get is that this young lady has never driven a MV before and so I was simply wondering why. What was her reasoning for wanting one?

Jon

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Based on numerous threads over the past week of people "wanting to buy a deuce" I would be skeptical of any thread by any new members stating they want to buy a deuce. We seem to have more folks "looking for a deuce" to the tune of about 1 or 2 a day recently. Definate increase in what we use to have. I would say one of the folks that took offense over the past week is computer savy and able to manipulate IP address thus bypassing notice of the mods.

If they want a deuce, want information on picking one up, want us to do anything that would result in money spent, I suggest members exercise EXTREME CAUTION!!

Bighurt

Based on numerous threads over the past week of people "wanting to buy a deuce" I would be skeptical of any thread by any new members stating they want to buy a deuce. We seem to have more folks "looking for a deuce" to the tune of about 1 or 2 a day recently. Definate increase in what we use to have. I would say one of the folks that took offense over the past week is computer savy and able to manipulate IP address thus bypassing notice of the mods.

If they want a deuce, want information on picking one up, want us to do anything that would result in money spent, I suggest members exercise EXTREME CAUTION!!
Even if they are on a dynamic or using a site like hide my a$$ dot com, you can still trace it back to the source although it isn't easy.

The only true way to remain completely anonymous is to remote proxy which is illegal in most countries.

Still good advice.

I'm always weary of newbs...

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am waiting to open up the site and see the post" Wanting to get a colostomy in the morning, what do I need?" When my sons and I came to this site, were we that **** dumb??? (Now don't everyone agree!!) It has gotten to the point where I see 1-3 posts a day about "going to recover a deuce in 20 minutes, what do I need?". Maybe the mods need to do a stickey, and have it as "First Recovery" Then he includes the 10 best threads on this. Once done we can politely say" please read the threads under the stickey, and be done....My 22cents...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ahead of you ATD. I am working on redoing the "So you want a deuce" article and have it posted. My suggestion to the mods will be to make it required reading prior to posting to the deuce forum. May potentially cut down on some of the stupid stuff.

I agree we need to look at one for each of the major vehicle types and what is needed for pickup, insuring, titling, etc, etc, etc.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahead of you ATD. I am working on redoing the "So you want a deuce" article and have it posted. My suggestion to the mods will be to make it required reading prior to posting to the deuce forum. May potentially cut down on some of the stupid stuff.

I agree we need to look at one for each of the major vehicle types and what is needed for pickup, insuring, titling, etc, etc, etc.
I think this is a step in the right direction, but it may also lead to more of the cross-posting in 5 different threads because they didn't get all the answers they wanted in the first 5 minutes after posting. Which we have seen a increase of lately.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial

Just posted this under another repeatitive and pesky thread''' I am with you Carnac...

OK this is another one that the mods need to create a stickey.
"Best way to buy a deuce" I am on a roll tonight.
Here are more.
1. Wanna bid on a deuce, how do I do this?
2. Just won my first deuce, how does the EUC take and how does this work?
3. WTF is an SF-97 and how long does it take?
4. What do I need to recover?
5. No brakes, how does this system work?
6. I bought a deuce and it does not have a title, how do I get one?
7. Best ways to search!!!!!

That is enough for tonight. I do not mean this as an insult or to belittle the FNG. I want to help you grasp the wealth of MV knowledge we have here in the least amount of time. Reading takes far less time than writing and asking questions and sitting around expecting
a straight answer on a question that has been addressed 200 times. FNG welcome, we were all wearing your skivies once upon a time...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy will do a companion thread on how to drop a deuce and the lasting effects of Jerkins Lotion on MV Steering wheels. Maybe that is how the steering wheel got away from him at Haspin Acres.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Every time I think that I have heard the DUMBEST "WHAT IS THE RED BUTTON FOR" post/thread, and think "thats it" I'm wrong a DUMBER post/thread comes along. The questions almost all, if not all can be found in the TMs, I don't mind helping finding parts, ect, if I can after OP looked ect. but post like this OP ,ect . are looking to hurt somebody, because they are NEW is no excuse, I know we were all new at one time but I think we had a different mind set (hope so) then the PRESENT CROP of new members. I know some new members have DONE there HOMEWORK, THANK YOU, but the rest are BAD for the MV world and it is HARD to be NICE to DUMB.
And I hate to say this, the idea of STICKYS is a good one, but will not stop the DUMB

KsM715

I dont think any of the last few pages is helping our cause very much. At least they (newbies) have enough sense to at least ask. How many are out there trying to drive these off the lot without ANY research. Or how many are gonna "lurk" here for a few days and decide they are not even going to bother asking these guys (SteelSoldiers) anything for fear of getting flamed?

I thought we we better than that.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont think any of the last few pages is helping our cause very much. At least they (newbies) have enough sense to at least ask. How many are out there trying to drive these off the lot without ANY research. Or how many are gonna "lurk" here for a few days and decide they are not even going to bother asking these guys (SteelSoldiers) anything for fear of getting flamed?

I thought we we better than that.
Chances are if a new member read all 14 pages here almost all their questions
have been answered including why people get "flamed". People complain about the search function and having to go through 20 threads to find the info they were looking for, well if they read the 20 threads there is probably 25 other question answered in those threads and they gain a wealth of knowledge . But it seems many really don't want to learn they just want instant answers . It was explained early in this thread there are better ways to introduce yourself to the members here . A 1st post of hi I'm new here and want to introduce myself instead of I bought a duece I bought a duece 500 miles from home and I am female and I watched a you-tube vidio of a female driving a duece so I should be able to go 500 miles to pick-up a unknown duece from a unknown flipper and drive it home without any issues right . Then the 2nd or 3rd posts ask question on recoveries I don't there would been hardly any flaming .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks