• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advise asap

jerseyjeep2003

ATTENTION!! I am a girl you needs YOUR expert ADVISE. I am going to Mississippi tomorrow to pick up a M35A2 Deuce and 1/2 I bought on Ebay. I will be making a 400 mile trip back home and have never drove one before. I watched video of girls driving Deuces on youtube and it doesn't seem too hard. Do you think I will be able to do it? Also, will the Deuce be able to go this far distance without overheating?
Here are some details about truck:

1971 M35A2C AMERICAN GENERAL TRUCK
DOUBLE DROP SIDE CARGO TRUCK WITH A STEEL BOX COVER
BRAND NEW SET OF DOORS,
LDT-465-1 HERCULES ENGINE WITH A 5 SPEED MANUAL HIGH/LOW
TRANSMISSION, TURBO
GOOD TIRES
FACTORY HEATER
CAME FROM CAMP SHELBY MISSISSIPPI​

Thanks,
Hannah​
I'll be praying for you Sweetheart, and may you have several guardian angels riding shotgun.

akguy

Well, i am out of popcorn,candy and soda. Show looks to be over. Here's hoping there will be a sequel out soon. Gotta head home and see what's for dinner. Hopefully not possum,armadillo,marmot or badger!!!!! I miss moose steaks!!!!! Gotta love Alaska for real meat!

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i am out of popcorn,candy and soda. Show looks to be over. Here's hoping there will be a sequel out soon. Gotta head home and see what's for dinner. Hopefully not possum,armadillo,marmot or badger!!!!! I miss moose steaks!!!!! Gotta love Alaska for real meat!
Did you notice the OP has never loged back in ?

akguy

Seriously though, didn't i read awhile back someone purchased a truck off of ebay and once they went to pick it up there was another truck that was for sale???

planeswalker

Can I ask why you felt you needed to buy such a big vehicle? I thought that it was only the other guys (except for me) that felt the need to compensate for their ahhh... shortcomings. Are you just tired of your little hatchback or do you envision yourself driving carpool in a deuce through two feet of snow? If that's the case (even though it's a 6x6) you may want a good set of tire chains. Welcome to SS

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My wife LOVES military vehicles, she used to drive my old m52, she is real up set that because of her back she cant even ride in them anymore, look at Monica, MrsMDMorgen, and a few others that are here on SS. I think it is wrong to think of MVs as a "MAN THING", if a woman can fly combat missions, and be as good as the men (has to be) why not would a woman like MVs. On the other hand I think ALL should be treated EQUEAL, both for good post and (in my opinion) dumb post. some people on here thought the OP was given a rough time, I think she got off light, her first post was right up there with the rest of "WHAT IS THE RED BUTTON FOR" post. It seems to me we get a LOT more of this kind of post from MEN, You would think that MVs, being a MAN THING, this would NOT be the case.

I think If we realy did some research, it would be suprising how may SSers wife and/or gril friends are REALLy into the MV THING

There is no excuse for not being prepared by reading and learning from the TMs, now I can understand someone reading and still asking a question ( happens all the time), This is like someone that thinks flying a plane is cool, then figures out how to take off, then decide to read the TM on how to WALK A AWAY from a landing while in a very RAPID DECENT

My 2cents on this, sorry for the :rant:

Last edited:

planeswalker

You see though, that's not really the impression that I'm getting from my neighbors. The looks say it all. The looks on the guys faces say "Oh WOW, Cool, Awesome, I wish I had one of those." While the looks on the girls faces say "Oh no you are not, I wish he didn't just see that, I should have been distracting him, Now I'm never gonna hear the end of this one." My point in asking this particular question is self-evident by the male to female ratio presence on this website. I'm also getting the impression that your wives are only into it because they love you and it's something that you're into, that she would not otherwise have chosen to have owned a MV and placed it in her driveway because she is so bent on what everyone else thinks. I would understand a woman who had previously served in the military being interested in military vehicles. However, the impression that I get is that this young lady has never driven a MV before and so I was simply wondering why. What was her reasoning for wanting one?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I'm very late to the game (busy @ rally) and my suggestion should have been posted days ago but here goes. If this thread is, in fact, for real, you need to stop right now, sit down and make some new plans. There is just too much to learn in the time you have alotted yourself. Postpone this trip for a week and soak up some of the precious and lifesaving information available to you here. Haste causes waster and in this case maybe catastrophy. There is just no reason to move this quick. There are lessons to learn and you can take time to learn them now or make time to learn them in a more painful and expensive manner. If I'm too late, Godspeed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks