• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the process of replacing the transmission companion flange and seals. I've had a small leak on the output shaft end of the transmission for the last year, so now is the time to fix it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.................What are the other screw holes in the middle of the corners used for? In every MV vehicle I have seen, and MV manual I have read, I have never seen those holes used for anything or even mentioned...
If a late reply is better than none....
TM 9-2320-361-20P (and also TM 9-2320-361-34P), Figs. 243;244

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...d-Bow-length&p=1510111&viewfull=1#post1510111
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...d-Bow-length&p=1510177&viewfull=1#post1510177

tobyS

Replaced the filters in my air dryer on my M35a3[/QUOTE

Looking down at the dryer, air tanks and CTIS with the bed off, I got to thinking how little is actually done with air on an A3, especially once the CTIS is off. I guess there is the brake booster and assist steering, but I really can't think of a lot more.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Replaced the filters in my air dryer on my M35a3[/QUOTE

Looking down at the dryer, air tanks and CTIS with the bed off, I got to thinking how little is actually done with air on an A3, especially once the CTIS is off. I guess there is the brake booster and assist steering, but I really can't think of a lot more.
Seems the A2 only used air for the brakes/trailers. Im putting a dryer on mine to keep the air assist and air pack dry. For the cost of a dryer, its just cheap insurance.

rustystud

Ha, Yeah, more like an “I got smart” setup. After a week with the sun baking my brain pan, I wised up.
No kidding ! The heat up here has been a killer too !
We got back from our 3 week trip to Europe Monday, but it has been so hot I cannot do anything outside !!! After just a few hours outside I'm getting sick and have to come inside.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kev, I understand. It was 100+ here for most of the day, but I was under the truck so it wasn't so bad. Then the thunder storms rolled in this afternoon and so did the humidity, no fun. :burn:

Last edited:

KevinGaus

I’m north of Dallas. Its warm. And I’m still making no headway. A guy was in town and brought me the mushroom air cover I needed. Cool guy. Looks better than that hole. We were talking outside and he showed me my wires for the turn signals. The to-doos keep adding up. B76D093C-2C4B-485C-AFF8-12C1C52E4E5D.jpgB3671FDB-09C5-4BED-9E43-93B8BCA5A572.jpg

KevinGaus

Wiring: I’ve been tracking wires. Got some things working but will be replacing the front harness regardless.
Looking for a matching tail light, while trying to get everything working properly.

KevinGaus

Gonna swap the IP?
I have this one sitting on the kitchen counter. It’s from my Hercules parts motor. And there’s no telling if it’s in any better shape. I just don’t have the heart to get out there and screw around with the timing, and all that BS right now.
I got a pencil... maybe I will draw it in there one day. 4B63AAFE-6F2C-4D7A-8A89-77CF42D6DBAE.jpg

77 AMG

I got a chance to see if mine would start for the first time in 3-4 years. Yep, she did. :) Now, I REALLY get to start working on it, so that I can drive her home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks