• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Torquewrench

Aw....Just thrown Soldier B under the front wheels and back 'er out!

Or, you can rig for fording and just drive through.

Please post pics of your recovery efforts. :driver:nopics
As requested here you go:
Tow truck operator had to two part two lines to the back of Truck. We still ended up dragging him backwards about a foot and a half before he could dig in enough to get me sucked out of the ditch.
God really does love me!
Grand total for the tow bill was $125 out of pocket.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
As requested here you go:
Tow truck operator had to two part two lines to the back of Truck. We still ended up dragging him backwards about a foot and a half before he could dig in enough to get me sucked out of the ditch.
God really does love me!
Grand total for the tow bill was $125 out of pocket.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Next time I'm about an hour and a half away. I can come pull the little guy out of the hole

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

winfred

had another tree dive across my dead end street, large oak that died last year after the city sprayed the canal behind my house, base is a full 5' across. mom screwed up the video and this is all i could salvage, ground was about as grippy as you could hope for, locker in the front diff was somewhat unhappy dealing with full steering lock and full throttle 1st low as it was popping as it was unlocking and locking when i would back off and punch it again,
IMG_6070.jpgIMG_6075.jpgIMG_6076.jpgIMG_6077.jpg
https://youtu.be/a-R9VKIbUYQ

the last tree, had a muddy patch and a bit lighter tree then but a similar drag

https://youtu.be/OezJhz6gUPs

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the compressor pulley outer flange with a NOS one from TNJ Murray, along with a couple of new grade 8 bolts. Old one was cracked at one of the cinch points. During the replacement, used the new compressor pulley wrench set that I finally broke down and bought. Made a conduit pipe extension for use with the set... have to admit, it's much nicer than using a big-a$$ pipe wrench and a pair of channel-locks.
IMG_20180628_095131252.jpgIMG_20180628_095552911.jpgIMG_20180628_171825642.jpg

Last edited:

DavidWymore

Winfred, cool!

When dragging trees and junk, it helps to back up close, hook the chain to the dragged object as low and tight as possible, and as high as possible on the tow vehicle. Decreases friction on the dragged and increases for the dragger. :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
had another tree dive across my dead end street, large oak that died last year after the city sprayed the canal behind my house, base is a full 5' across. mom screwed up the video and this is all i could salvage, ground was about as grippy as you could hope for, locker in the front diff was somewhat unhappy dealing with full steering lock and full throttle 1st low as it was popping as it was unlocking and locking when i would back off and punch it again,
View attachment 732517View attachment 732518View attachment 732519View attachment 732520

Gotta LUV watching this ol' MV's hard at work. I think they like it too.
Winfred, cool!

When dragging trees and junk, it helps to back up close, hook the chain to the dragged object as low and tight as possible, and as high as possible on the tow vehicle. Decreases friction on the dragged and increases for the dragger. :)
That is excellent advice. While watching the second video caught myself saying the same thing out loud hoping I would be heard. LOL

Carry on.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 732517View attachment 732518View attachment 732519View attachment 732520

Also might I say that is a GREAT looking rig!

Carl_in_NH

What did I did I to to my truck this week? I started it, and used it as a 13,500 pound rolling air compressor to fill the flat tires on the lawn tractor. I know that's not much of a task for an M35, but it beat dragging a hundred feet of hose out of the garage to do the same task.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the compressor pulley outer flange with a NOS one from TNJ Murray, along with a couple of new grade 8 bolts. Old one was cracked at one of the cinch points. During the replacement, used the new compressor pulley wrench set that I finally broke down and bought. Made a conduit pipe extension for use with the set... have to admit, it's much nicer than using a big-a$$ pipe wrench and a pair of channel-locks.
View attachment 732817View attachment 732818View attachment 732860
DSCF2033.jpg And I thought I was the only one. Changed out the compressor pully, and doing a coolant change.

winfred

used mine as a mobile compressor/rescue vehicle this morning, mom got a flat, the factory jack disintegrated and the spare was low from the phone call, figured the easiest thing was toss a jack in the deuce and take it instead of looking for a air pig and charging it off my home compressor, just as well as the box-o-tools i carry in the deuce was useful when the head sheared off the stock lug wrench on the 3rd lug, breaker bar and impact socket to the rescue (forgot to just grab a impact to just buzz em off)

What did I did I to to my truck this week? I started it, and used it as a 13,500 pound rolling air compressor to fill the flat tires on the lawn tractor. I know that's not much of a task for an M35, but it beat dragging a hundred feet of hose out of the garage to do the same task.

ACAllen94

E2D8204C-B61B-4735-AB0E-780543DA6D23.jpg0F93DF0A-3D8D-4240-82DA-06F747948918.jpg14C29E78-B2A6-4CB1-840D-AB5BC3743797.jpgFinally got the truck all dressed up and painted properly! No more crappy CARC and rust! (7th Motor Transport Battalion, Bravo Company markings)

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well I'll be darned,....

Got my Deuce spinning again,.....

The truck auto elec I got just put a meter on a few things to make sure power was getting where it needed to go.

After one attempt at starting he jumps up on the engine and yanks on the fan pulling the engine backwards,....

Then says: "try it now"

I hit the start button and the engine spins like a top!

Turns out the starter motor was stuck engaged.

That all took about 1.5 mins

And I have been crawling around for 6-7 monthes,.....

I feel so stupid right now,.....

sigh,....

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks