• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

ApopkaFL

Banned
If some of you was wondering why I bolted some of the metal in. Reason is I wanted access later to those areas, The break adjustment is under there and the air tanks so on. So I chose to bolt them.

camoyj7

Sometimes a low garage is a pain in the a$$! Well it's in there so I started to pull it apart. Going to try to get the fenders and hood off then get the cab off. This cab has some rust holes on the cowl so it will be the back of the crew cab. It's going to be more work to switch them but it will be better in the end.

Attachments

RPhil

Awesome project, will be following this one for sure. Great progress so far.

I don't believe I read anything about a bob-job. I am assuming you are keeping this one 6x6, correct?

In the future, when I have the time, funds, and means, I plan on doing a crew cab 6x6 deuce. Keep up the great work and keep the updates and pictures coming! [thumbzup]

camoyj7

I used the extra cab reinforcements off the back of first cab to reinforce the rear floors. After the brush on primer dries I can put the sheet metal plates over all the holes. The cab feels real sturdy after all of the reinforcements I welded in. I hoping to get the body back off the frame by the end of the week and start working on the hard top.

Attachments

joeinaforest

I love this project!!! Thanks for the great documentation! I'm thinking of just "extending" the cab a few inches...like 24. But I may settle for your way!!! Looks great!

J

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks