• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I welded in the new outer rockers and some of the outer patches on today. I also started filling the holes on the floor. If all goes well I'll have the body off the frame by the weekend so I can start on the top.
Looking Good camoyj7 that is alot of work.

camoyj7

I used a friends tow truck to put the cab back where it belongs. Having two winches on the truck really helped when we slid the body down the steering shaft. I'm going to mount the cab to the frame before we start on the top that way I can align all the door gaps.

Attachments

aggopian

Nice build love the progress, Thanx for bringing us along.

Were you planning on running a second fuel tank? If so maybe you could pick up a pair of Mack R model "Step tanks" or such and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Good Luck. Looking good![thumbzup][thumbzup]

camoyj7

Yes I'm going to run two fuel tanks and I plan on another tool box on the driver side rear and put my small generator in a battery box on the pass side rear.

Billy Bobbed

Well I got the dash and all the air lines back in the cab. I also got the cab bolted back on the frame. Now I'm just trying to figure out how close I want the 105 bed to the cab and how I'm going to mount it.
My bed is 1/4" or less from the cab spring mount.I dont like the look when the bed is to far from the cab.Nice job on the truck.

camoyj7

Spent a few hours trying to line up the doors and get the door gaps right. What a pain in the a$$ that was. I still need to fix both driver side door latches. The rear wont open from the out side and the front latch you have to lock it for it to stay latched. Seems like the spring is off or broken. Need to pick up a left fender mount tomorrow then I can mount up the fenders. I'm still trying to decide how to mount the 105 bed to the frame. Do I do a solid mount or use a spring mount like the cab?

Attachments

asgtoolman

Just so you can have different points of view, I see no reason in the world to mount the bed with anything other than a 3/4 oak isolator and solid mount. What is spring mount going to accomplish on the bed? Will anything you are carrying know the difference? or would it really matter?

whyme

the bed mount is something ive contemplated for my up coming bob i decided to mimic the stock bed mounts, solid rear and spring front. i feel like removing the bogie will also likely remove alot of rigidity in the rear of the truck and im afraid if i mount the bed solid i will end up damaging something. if you are to stay on flat pavement i doubt it will matter but if you plan on taking it off road id fallow the design of the original bed mounting

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks