• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeplvr247

Before the deal fell through on the deuce I was going to by a few months ago I was quoted by Gulfway for $180 a year in Michigan with historical registration

Heath_h49008

Geico for my M35A3, $437 per year. Had state farm, more money and a pain to deal with.
Historic plate?

I'm going to try to get a regular plate if I can afford it, just to avoid any police hassles. Cities are broke and there are waaaayyy too many bored cops around these parts.

That $180 with Gulfway sounds tempting though...

Last edited:

greenjeepster

I just had an interesting conversation with Progressive. I have had two deuces insured through them in the past, tried to add another one and they said they don't insure prior Military vehicles. When I listed the policies I had with them before they said if anything had happened and a claim put through, they would not have paid it as the policy would be void. I asked asked if that included Blazers and pickups and she said yes.. They have a clause that states that Military vehicles are an unacceptable risk and that voids the policy. She stated that that is nationwide.

Good to know I paid for nothing... Should have asked for a refund on the premiums.

I just had an interesting conversation with Progressive. I have had two deuces insured through them in the past, tried to add another one and they said they don't insure prior Military vehicles. When I listed the policies I had with them before they said if anything had happened and a claim put through, they would not have paid it as the policy would be void. I asked asked if that included Blazers and pickups and she said yes.. They have a clause that states that Military vehicles are an unacceptable risk and that voids the policy. She stated that that is nationwide.

Good to know I paid for nothing... Should have asked for a refund on the premiums.
My insurance is Progressive. The truck is listed on the policy as an 1967 Keiser Jeep M35a2. I just received my new policy and read through it. I could find no exclusions for prior Military vehicles.

greenjeepster

I would call and specifically ask, it would suck to need the insurance and they produce a clause that voids the policy.

I previously had a 1971 m35a2 and a 1989 m35a2c, one on commercial coverage and one with farm coverage with them and when she pulled up the old policy she said they would have voided them.

Last edited:

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be honest, in my opinion, Insurance companies are just another "legal" ponzi scheme. As if they can find some loop hole (or make one up) to get out of a claim, They Will!

But... unfortunately you have to use them if you want to drive. That is what "goberment lobbyist" did.

And if you ever have to file a claim, and they do end up having to pay for it, they will drop you for being "to high of a risk". My uncle had the same company for about 15 years, had to file a claim once, and they canceled him.

camp9

I called progressive too, and told me no MV's. So I called Geigo after seeing another guy on this thread say he had it through them, and they wouldn't do it unless I went through the commercial division. It's just a matter of who you get and if they had discretion or not.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Progressive" is just another term for liberal; I'm sure they hate MVs.

GJ, if you could get documentation that stated Progressive did not cover MVs at the time you had them insured and you didn't miss represent what the trucks were and gave them the correct M number designations etc. I would think they have committed fraud. Maybe your state's insurance commission would like to hear about it.

Heath_h49008

The more I look at Gulfway, the more I like them. I'll call tomorrow about a quote. I'll try to get regular plate coverage, occasional use, high deductible, $10k stated value... Sound like rational limits? I have to get it by Feb anyway.

For those interested:

Michigan registration fees for M35A2 @13050lbs empty...
$125/yr basic
$155/yr vanity plate
$30/10 yrs for historic

SoundGuy

I have statefarm. I pay $75 a month with no restrictions on how I use it. It is registered as a real vehicle not an farm truck or historical vehicle.

seabeeut

At least include the Basics:
1972 m35a2

2. What kind of Policy? basic 300,000 liability
3. standard policy
What does it cost per month? 11.50 month
5. What Insurance Agency/Company? infinity insurance
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? alabama
7. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a
"multi policy" discount?
no other policey
only restriction is 6,000 mikes a year BUT no garage clause

Only had a message on the machine with a list of company to try. I will talk to him on Tuesday.
The best part is I did not register my bronco so the deuce is my only transportation. My policy is payed through January 19 so I guess ill have to risk it until Tuesday when i can call around.

What makes me mad is we did not hide what it was we were insuring. Its the company responsibility to know what they won't cover not mine. O well Merry Christmas.

michaelpilot1

M35A3
State Farm
Liability only, 250/500/250 with uninsured motorist
No restrictions, It's a daily driver- to and from work and Walmart
licensed as a pickup truck in Georgia
Insured as a commercial vehicle due to the GVW multi car but no discount because it is a commercial policy
66$ per month

vir_librorum

> Does anyone happen to have one with USAA? That's who I have my
> policy with for my other cars so i'm curious. Of course I could call them
> but it would be nice to have some background information from others
> if there are any

I have always used USAA for my 'normal' vehicles, and have always been extremely pleased with them. No claims, no accidents, no tickets, no trouble, for six vehicles over 25 years.

I do, however, have the bitter misfortune of living in Baltimore, Maryland, land of high taxes, high cost of living, and, of course, obscenely expensive auto insurance because no one around here seems to know how to drive properly at any time in any weather.

USAA refused to insure my Deuce because it is an 'unconventional' vehicle, and politely referred me to some commercial division of Progressive with which they have a reciprocal agreement of some sort.

So, insurance was obtained, but liability only at $1367/yr., with $100K/person, $300K/accident, $100K/property limits, and no compensation if totaled or stolen.

Regards,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks