• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

May be looking at another M38a1 - need assistance

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm going to hit it hard while I'm off this week and try to at least get it road worthy.

You'll have a great opportunity to test it's offroad capabilities this coming October.

Oct. 10-14, 2012 - Steel Soldiers Ga. Rally.

:D

wilfreeman

Zout - that looks close to what mine did. Mine was blue (a little darker though) and had the same tires! Mine had a hard top though. I'll see if I can find the one and only pic of mine back then.
Clinto - I've found a few videos of the SS GA rallies, and a couple of them looked like fun to watch, but more than I want to do. Good thing there were ways around it! My wife and I are planning on being there this year though!
jeeplvr - they are ty\rying to get as many people as they can to come - will be great if you can make it! So far I've only met one SS memeber, but plan on meeting a lot more in October. That is a LOOONG drive pulling a trailer though.

wilfreeman

Here's a pic of mine from '97 right after I bought it. Sorry about the bad pic - that was back when all I couldn't afford a digital camera (if they even had them out yet).

And now:

wilfreeman

Looks like I need to study up on how to get a thumbnail on here - I thought I had it figured out! Hey jeeplvr, have you checked out the willysmjeeps site? They are only M38 and M38a1 guys over there - another great reference site! Also, at the end of my signature there is a link to my ongoing M38a1 blog if anyone is interested. I do an update any time I work on the 'a1, and then there might be some B.S. thrown in there if I have nothing going on with it.

Any way, its' 63 deg here - and the wife and kid are in PA. Just finished my coffee, so it's time to PLAY! The Jeep's calling me!

zout

Wil - gets tougher as time goes on lately last couple yrs to jamb big bucks into projects. Just get that baby up and running - and forget the intricate details just so you can enjoy your toy.

Besides that even just running you can bring it down to the Ga Rally just like Tigger did and have the best time of your life (just do not submerge it like he did).
You can always go back and pick at it once you have it running - but man - just have some fun with it.

Debs is only hot wired and she was drivin up and down the street in it - if I cannot make my own wire harness by rally time - it goes anyhow as I do not care but she will have some fun.

Waiting on those pics BTW - hope ya get em posted before 14yrs go by.
rofl

wilfreeman

You're definitely right about getting harder to put money into hobbies! We just found out last week that the plant is going to be shut down on holidays, and that we are probably not going to be covering vacation days, so that is a MAJOR cut in my hobby fund!

I got her pumping her own fuel today - turns out the fuel pump is pumping good enough to run her - I still have the gas can on the cowl right now, until I can get the tabs welded in the OMIX Ada tank and finish running my fuel lines (planning on doing that Sunday or Monday). Show quality was forgotten last year - just working on getting her to be reliable now! I've been running her up and down the driveway and around the fields today - it was kind of bouncy with no shocks!

As long as she's reliable, she will be there in October! My wife and I are already planning on the trip - will be bringing the Jeep on a trailer though (I might run her a little bit of the way).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks