• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 - Air Brake Diaphragm

Glenssurplus

Hello Steel Soldiers!

You guys have been given me valuable information so far, and I'm learning more and more about these trucks as time goes on.

I'm hoping that you guys can come through and help me again.

It seems our M923 is persistent in being a pain in the rear. We have the Actuator repaired, and now we have a leaking Air Brake Chamber. The Emergency Side Diaphragm is old, brittle, cracked, and definitely not fit for use.

Well, We pulled the Chamber off the truck, and I'm looking at it. It's a

Rockwell X76 3276 L12 | 84tc164

My mechanic assures me that the chamber is in good working order, but I need to find a replacement diaphragm. I've gone through my Manuals that I have (thank god that I was given clearance to purchase the rest of the manuals on CD), and This truck isn't listed in the ones I have.

I've checked the Diaphragm that needs to be replaced, and it is an

Anchorlock -> Division of Royal Industries

Diaphragm The only other two markings are

16" at the top of the triangle and

G-4 in a circle on its own.

What type of Diaphragm is this? Is it a standard "type"? I thought maybe it was a type 16, but upon measuring it, a type 16 is 6" diameter, and ours is 6 1/4.

If someone could help me track down a way to figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it.

bsteinborn

Glenssurplus,

did you fix the rear actuator? Did you use a repair kit or find everything at NAPA? Just curious before I take mine apart. Thanks.

South

I am having brake trouble also my m923. When the truck builds air pressure the breaks will release but after applying brakes the brakes will start to hang a lil and after hitting the brakes a few time they are stuck. Have already replaces all diaphragms and inverter and also jacked both axles up to see what wheel was hanging and all four on rear are hanging. Does anyone have any ideas?

MtnSnow

Check the air vent on the passenger side front gladhand to make sure it is not plugged also make sure that if it has a shutoff valve in place that it is OPEN so it can vent properly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks