• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dinger65 M38A1 Jeep

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
!!!

Let's see...ain't this about the 7th working day on the jeepie??:)

I think Commander Warp is overtaxing the warp drive and the dilithium crystals are sure to fail if he keeps up warp 8 speed!!:shock:

I'd call the progress to date nothing short of AMAZING!:beer:

Attachments

zout

From an outside outlook it would appear that way - and I would take it that way just reading this. But Dinger was assigned to the 1st Marine 9th division amoungst other detachments.

I need not explain anymore as it it not mine to state. Any information given to me was a a friend.

But this fella has long overpaid anything I could ever do for him and even to have the FREEDOM which is NOT FREE to even to be able to think about being able to have the FREEDOM to work on his jeep as a gift to him is an HONOR in every shape manner or form. Nothing I could do, could repay him.

There are so many Veterans to help - but I can only pick one at a time - if he decides to get another project in between this he has my undivided attention.

I personally know this - and the same with many of the members of CAMO our family has been given the gift to know - I wish I could just do more and have more time to offer - but I seem to fall short on my life's goal's - But I think those mentioned know what I am saying and what I am about with no FALSE pretences or hidden adjendas involved as that is not me.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
From an outside outlook it would appear that way - and I would take it that way just reading this. But Dinger was assigned to the 1st Marine 9th division amoungst other detachments.

I need not explain anymore as it it not mine to state. Any information given to me was a a friend.

But this fella has long overpaid anything I could ever do for him and even to have the FREEDOM which is NOT FREE to even to be able to think about being able to have the FREEDOM to work on his jeep as a gift to him is an HONOR in every shape manner or form. Nothing I could do, could repay him.

There are so many Veterans to help - but I can only pick one at a time - if he decides to get another project in between this he has my undivided attention.

I personally know this - and the same with many of the members of CAMO our family has been given the gift to know - I wish I could just do more and have more time to offer - but I seem to fall short on my life's goal's - But I think those mentioned know what I am saying and what I am about with no FALSE pretences or hidden adjendas involved as that is not me.
Unless your life's goal is to be perfect you will never fall short in CAMO's eyes...you have already proven yourself with us and with Dinger...he told me that...so it's real.

Please realize that by helping "one Veteran at a time" your efforts are payed forward cause that Veteran will show his/her vehicle to other Veterans and they will appreciate your efforts...even if they don't know who you are.

You were given the title of "Commander Warp" because of the speed in which you accomplish your projects.

You are given the title of "Brother" because you are accepted by CAMO and others and you are a good American.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Carb rebuilt and ready for install.
Got some stenciling done today as well.
Got the tool box lid refit
Got some of the flooring done to get ready after the engine and trans is installed to paint this area and hit the dash for a final time. The rear area will get another shot as well.

Trans was a little backed up for getting worked on - wished it had been here by this weeks end but you know how wishful thinking works out. I do expect it it completed by end of this coming week to get this all installed along with the engine so patiently waiting and becconing to be fired up to let its voice roar loudly.

Will get some more work done on the grille - no rush as it gives me full access to the engine compartment for now.

A radiator is getting built from NEW to spec's - this should be ready by end of this week as well.

Trying to work out with another member lighting for the jeep and I still have to find a full set of gauges that had been changed over to 12v system. Speedo is most likely ok - but the glass is really cracked badly and I am not smart enough to be able to just change out the glass.

Some day I will grow up ane actually learn how to work on this stuff - so for now I guess its just practise and learning experience.

Here are some pics for ya visual scoundrels

Attachments

onegmjack

Dave and Kent you both are doing a great restore to the military trucks and or jeeps.We all enjoy you all great build threads,keep up the GREAT WORK.Hope to see you all at the GA Rally.Dwight

zout

Kent is running this ole man ragged trying to keep up with him to finish this jeep for Dinger - I surely see it running the power lines way before it is legal for the streets though. Every time I look Kent has something done on his unit - where does he find the time ????????

Do not ask - do not pm me but I have had some health issues this last couple weeks from working on stuff as I would like. I will not answer any questions except that I want to show progress and hopefully help someone else that may be working on stuff with other options on how to do it. Other than that you will get no answers from me - take it as it is if you know me.

I sure would like to get to San Antonio again to spend some time with Kent - more than 1/2 hour to chuck down some chow while I am waiting to leave town again on a rush. There is more to friendship than just that - but the last time was bussines and not a whole lot of time to spare.

He could probably teach this ole fella something and wish we had that time to share or BS about stories we could share.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Let's see...ain't this about the 7th working day on the jeepie??

I think Commander Warp is overtaxing the warp drive and the dilithium crystals are sure to fail if he keeps up warp 8 speed!!:shock:
I'd call the progress to date nothing short of AMAZING!:beer:
JUST SAYIN!!!:roll:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander Warp is suffering from serious heat effects. He has forgotten more than I'll ever know and an inspiration to all who want to give life to the vehicles who served this country well. To have him as a friend is a true honor. I will get to the finish line and I know he will be there with a cold beer cheering me on. :beer:

zout

Some day I wish I could grow up to learn how to actually work on chit instead of faking it.

Here are some pics of where I am at on this fella - anyone that has been around a Marine knows if the chit ain;t perfect you better start all over again and do it right the next time or you will hear about it - just saying.

Trans and transfer case - come to find out this afternoon my vendor called and his secretary who was a sweet heart and had a great attitude passed away after a battle with health - I surely take a knock in the knees and brings me down with I hear after the fact things like this. May take a while longer for the component to get completed but I am more than willing to work with this place.

Knock your socks off looking at these crummy pics:

Attachments

dinger65

All, I don't get on the site often. There's a Generation Gap between me and the computer. I don't like'em. Besides, Zout says that I "don't play well with others". However, PapaBear said that I just "hadn't found the right others yet. Correct on both counts. Zout (Dave) is my Friend and Brother. I Trust and Respect him, and that is rare these days. Yes, I'm ****ed "Lucky". I will have his "six" under any circumstance and his Family also. (as he would mine). Even Luckier, because PapaBear is the same. If you ever are fortunate enough to find a true Brother, then Guard him with your life....literally. It don't happen often, if ever to most of us. Dave is the most amazzing and talented individual I've ever met. But beyond that, he is the most Patriotic and Freedom-Loving man I know. It's one of the many things I love about the guy. For those of you who don't know, he also has a heart of Pure Gold. **** he even lets me play at working on "my" jeep every now and then. Truth is, it is all Dave. By the way don't let the good heart fool ya, Dave IS a tough Guy. Thanks Dave!!!! Thanks for being who and what you are...and for being my Brother. It is my Priviledge and Honor to know you and call you Friend.
Note: to other Jarheads reading this thread, Dave was referring to 1/9.
Well, this is getting to me. A little too much typing. It's **** near as tiring as having to try to smile.
Dinger

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
All, I don't get on the site often. There's a Generation Gap between me and the computer. I don't like'em. Besides, Zout says that I "don't play well with others". However, PapaBear said that I just "hadn't found the right others yet. Correct on both counts. Zout (Dave) is my Friend and Brother. I Trust and Respect him, and that is rare these days. Yes, I'm ****ed "Lucky". I will have his "six" under any circumstance and his Family also. (as he would mine). Even Luckier, because PapaBear is the same. If you ever are fortunate enough to find a true Brother, then Guard him with your life....literally. It don't happen often, if ever to most of us. Dave is the most amazzing and talented individual I've ever met. But beyond that, he is the most Patriotic and Freedom-Loving man I know. It's one of the many things I love about the guy. For those of you who don't know, he also has a heart of Pure Gold. **** he even lets me play at working on "my" jeep every now and then. Truth is, it is all Dave. By the way don't let the good heart fool ya, Dave IS a tough Guy. Thanks Dave!!!! Thanks for being who and what you are...and for being my Brother. It is my Priviledge and Honor to know you and call you Friend.
Note: to other Jarheads reading this thread, Dave was referring to 1/9.
Well, this is getting to me. A little too much typing. It's **** near as tiring as having to try to smile.
Dinger
You select your friends well Sir...and you did an excellent job selecting Zout.
Just my thoughts...you can spot a good troop right away and add to his/her trust level as they get closer to you.

On the other hand..a bullchitter can get within hand granade range pretty easy but always gets the pin pulled on him at some point.

There are only a VERY few folks on this earth...actually five...that I would be comfortable hearing them say..."Brother..I got your back". As Col Koloc says...we can drink from the same canteen.
There were 6 But one passed in Feb this year. Zout and you are two of them.
Also Dinger...I have seen you smile...and you will do alot more of it as we get you more involved in CAMO stuff and Zout keeps hammering away at your "shell".

Now...let's get this jeep going so an old "Jarhead" can drive it around cause somebody told me you are a menace to society driving the M109 camper around...:popcorn:

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Zout is an awesome dude.

He recently took time out of his schedule to help me out and it's really allowed one of my projects to move forward. I really appreciate it.

I'll let him drink my beer anytime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks