• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002a/003a bell housing and flywheel dimensions

Hello and how are you all doing. I was messing around with my 003a again and still can figure out what's wrong with it and why it won't make power.
Thinking I might go to plan b.
What I would like to know is if the face of the bell housing to the face of the flywheel is the same between a 002 and 003 machine.
Plan b is to modify my 3a machine to use a commercial generator end and eliminate parts that are prone to failure. Also easier for me to trouble shoot as well.
I am not an electrician, and not sure about reading an electrical schematic. I have Craig Tulls drawing on his conversion to an sx460avr, but I could not find someone to explain that to me.
My interest is shifting now to using a 164D 16kw generator end or a 184E 21kw end.
The engine rurns great, I already have it and I'm at the end of the road on how to trying to fix the oem alternator generator system.
I have a spare engine for the 002a I have. If the 2a and 3a are the same then I can proceed with acquiring the parts I need for the conversion to the commercial alternator. Does anybody know if the bell housing to flywheel is the same ?
Thanks, metalworker 393.

Thank you for your response. Bell housing is a #4 and flywheel is a Delco.
Can't find a Delco flywheel drawing and that design is obsolete.
I can now measure my 002a and work from there on getting the 003a set up.
This has been extremely frustrating trying to get this repaired .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks