• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002a/003a bell housing and flywheel dimensions

Hello and how are you all doing. I was messing around with my 003a again and still can figure out what's wrong with it and why it won't make power.
Thinking I might go to plan b.
What I would like to know is if the face of the bell housing to the face of the flywheel is the same between a 002 and 003 machine.
Plan b is to modify my 3a machine to use a commercial generator end and eliminate parts that are prone to failure. Also easier for me to trouble shoot as well.
I am not an electrician, and not sure about reading an electrical schematic. I have Craig Tulls drawing on his conversion to an sx460avr, but I could not find someone to explain that to me.
My interest is shifting now to using a 164D 16kw generator end or a 184E 21kw end.
The engine rurns great, I already have it and I'm at the end of the road on how to trying to fix the oem alternator generator system.
I have a spare engine for the 002a I have. If the 2a and 3a are the same then I can proceed with acquiring the parts I need for the conversion to the commercial alternator. Does anybody know if the bell housing to flywheel is the same ?
Thanks, metalworker 393.

Thank you for your response. Bell housing is a #4 and flywheel is a Delco.
Can't find a Delco flywheel drawing and that design is obsolete.
I can now measure my 002a and work from there on getting the 003a set up.
This has been extremely frustrating trying to get this repaired .