• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002a fuel line replacement

jaymcb

Getting an 002a ready to be a backup at our house in NH.

Fresh batteries and oil in, sucked out the old diesel from the tank and replaced with new. It started and ran, power was output to the convenience 120v plug to run a light strip and an electric heater to see the function test.

Fuel filters next.

When it was running, the rubber fuel line between a T fitting and what I believe was the IP was leaking up at the top. I tried an O'Reilly's, a NAPA and another nearby auto part store. The flared NPT fitting was too long to make the 'corner' out of the IP.

Long story short, I went to a custom hydraulic line shop. The line was junk anyway, so he cut it open and determined that while there was a spring inside it to prevent collapse, it was not a high pressure line. The picture of the before and the one they fabricated is attached. Will this work OK, pressure wise?

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepadict

If a professional hydraulic shop built a suitable replacement from an original sample, I'd send it. Keep the old one for a little while just incase something happens to the new one. Most lift pumps I'm aware of run in the 8-15 psi range (except Ford @ 45-65) so unless your gem has a pissed off lift pump, I'd bet even money you're gonna be good for years to come.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks