• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002A Ran for 1/2 hour (exersise) today then won't start???

joesco

You and others were the professor(s) and I was student, but I sure have leaned a lot and the intimidation factor is just about gone!

Great job Joe, By the time you get all of the little quirks worked out of the set you'll know those generators like the back of your hand!!!!

wciguy

Give the starter a whack with a hammer. When the brushes get too worn to make good contact on the armature commutator, the pull-in winding of the starter solenoid will not get its ground and the solenoid will pull maybe 10 amps as the hold-in winding still gets its ground to the solenoid case. If the starter works after the hammer encouragement, the brushes are worn out, or the armature has an open winding(usually where the bars are soldered to the commutator risers.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give the starter a whack with a hammer. When the brushes get too worn to make good contact on the armature commutator, the pull-in winding of the starter solenoid will not get its ground and the solenoid will pull maybe 10 amps as the hold-in winding still gets its ground to the solenoid case. If the starter works after the hammer encouragement, the brushes are worn out, or the armature has an open winding(usually where the bars are soldered to the commutator risers.
That's excellent advice, but he already got the problem fixed :beer:

storeman

This is a year-old post by Joesco. But, I'm curious as to what you are describing as the starter lock out switch, and how it is adjusted. Please provide more info.
Jerry :beer:

Mep starting issue

Hello and hope thinga are good by you. Reading your post and I had a similar problem last year with my 002. Turned out to be the starter lockout switch was out of adjustment

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks