• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'08 MVPA convention

Dieselsmoke

Since someone brought up the MVPA in another thread, let's see who is planning on attending the 2008 MVPA convention in Portland, Oregon? I'll be there for sure. 8)

jatonka

RE: I can smell it already

I'll be there with my M109A3 shop van from Upstate New York. John Kolanchek will be with me in his WC-21 1941 Dodge. AcetomatoeCo will be with us too with a surprize vehicle. We will be running US Rt. 20 out to the convention and US Rt. 30 homeward bound. Maybe we'll see some of you all along the way.

DanMartin

Oh...BTW: If anyone wants to set up some "after-convention" activities, I'm happy to try to set something up.

I know that a few of us were thinking of taking a day and hitting the McMinville and Tillamook air museums. For those not from around the area, we could put together some other sight-seeing stuff too. Mt. St. Helens, Columbia River Gorge, etc. All great stuff to see, so plan for an extra day at least.

lstmate

I am planning on being there... Just a little bit farther for me to drive to get there but already have vacation planned.

tjcouch

Oregon would be quite the hike for this Florida-boy . . . . but the show just outside Ocala is on my calendar! (Feb 9)

DanMartin

RE: Re: RE: I can smell it already

I was planning on taking lots of pics. I also have an HD Video camera (Yes, HD-1080) and plan on putting that to use as well.

Should be a BLAST!

Dieselsmoke

Re: RE: I can smell it already

DanMartin said:
I know that a few of us were thinking of taking a day and hitting the McMinville and Tillamook air museums. .
Mmm, I can smell the ice cream at the Tillamook cheese factory now :shock: :lol:

DanMartin

Re: RE: I can smell it already

Dieselsmoke said:
Mmm, I can smell the ice cream at the Tillamook cheese factory now :shock: :lol:
Yep...I was just there this weekend! Also cool to see the cheese being made...

Not much else there but the cheese factory and the air museum (unless you like to ride ATVs on the sand dunes just south of there).

I'll start up a thread early in the summer to plan out some of these trips for us SS guys/gals.

Mike_Pop

RE: Re: RE: I can smell it already

Just so everyone knows...

The annual Northwest Mogfest is also taking place that weekend. The organizers of the event are trying to do something with the MVPA show. We may organize some sort of convoy up to the show. It will be a total European invasion!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks