• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1,680 mile HEMTT recovery

AZK9

... I have a pickup appointment at 0800 hours next Tuesday, 2/9/16. ... I can hardly wait! ...
Today is your day! :naner: That long wait is over!!

You'll be busy, but a few pics here-n-there (if you get the chance) would be cool for those of us stuck at home! :wink:

Have fun! [thumbzup]

JDToumanian

Here's a few pics... It runs fantastic, no problems at all. It was 38 degrees this morning, it started right up. Everything works, tool boxes are full including the crane remote. There was even a maintenance log in the cab! The owner of the towing yard let us service it there, and it took 7 hours to grease all the fittings, change engine and transmission oils and filters, transfer case oil, and top off the axles. We headed out around 5 pm, and made it to Tyler, TX where we're staying the night. I'm having a blast, I love this thing!

Jon

image.jpgimage.jpg

Thunderbird

Congrats on the acquisition! A HEMTT is definitely on my 'want' list.

I'm just west of Tucson, AZ. I'll shoot a PM in case you run into trouble out here.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She looks great! Have you noticed any rebuild tags on major components? Mine was RRAD overhauled in 04 and they rebuilt all the axles as noted by the tags. Also how touchy are your brakes and how's the acceleration? Just making comparisons! :beer:

JDToumanian

She looks great! Have you noticed any rebuild tags on major components? Mine was RRAD overhauled in 04 and they rebuilt all the axles as noted by the tags. Also how touchy are your brakes and how's the acceleration? Just making comparisons! :beer:
The transmission and transfer case have rebuild tags, the transfer is undated but the transmission is '04 I believe. Certainly drives perfect, I couldn't be happier. My brakes are not touchy at all, it takes a fair amount of pressure to stop. Maybe they need adjusting, but they look unworn... I doubt I'll ever have to change them. The throttle however is very sensitive, and I find the foot position to be rather awkward. I can tell by the wear in the paint on the pedal that "I'm doing it right" and I guess I've gotten used to it. It's just different.

I'm posting this from the passenger's seat, my buddy Jim (TheRecorder) is driving. We're somewhere between Midland and El Paso. Jim is quite a good videographer, with lots of excellent videos on his YouTube channel, and we've had 3 Go-Pro cameras and a video camera running, so there should be some great videos of the trip once he has a chance to edit the footage.

I'll post more pics later tonight.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks