• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1,680 mile HEMTT recovery

JDToumanian

We're staying the night in Deming, New Mexico... The internet here is terrible! I give up trying to upload pics, they'll have to wait.

Another great day though... Made it from Abilene to here, pretty nice weather, relatively smooth roads, and the truck ran great. Average mpg went up to 4.2 over 1,100 miles.

Jon

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to hear you are making good progress and relatively good mileage. Prepared for the handoff of aid offer to the AZ boys though you are currently still within my reach. Here's to hoping you enjoy the scenery splendor that is Texas Canyon, I always do.

jjb

We're staying the night in Deming, New Mexico... The internet here is terrible! I give up trying to upload pics, they'll have to wait.

Another great day though... Made it from Abilene to here, pretty nice weather, relatively smooth roads, and the truck ran great. Average mpg went up to 4.2 over 1,100 miles.

Jon
That's awesome. No way I would have been brave enough to try that with mine. Especially since it had a bad engine.

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of the journey goes.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phoenix ETA is 5:30-6:00, we're considering a few hours break there if any of the AZ gang wants to meet up somewhere! I'm going to try to call Agazza...

Jon
I just talked to Agazza and he asked me to post on here what you just said. I think several of us will be there.

agazza2

We will meet at Carl's junior at Warner rd just east of I-10 for anyone that wants to come out and see this great HEMMT around 5:30-6:30 pm when they arrive

agazza2

Great meeting you guys on your journey home. Thank you for taking the time to stop in Phoenix so we could see this nice HEMTT. You did very well with this purchase. I will definitely be looking forward to all the video you have been capturing along the way.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your a brave soul. Mines a thousand miles from me no way I am going to get it.
I have a shipping lined up and ready to go.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great to hear you made it home safely. What an amazing adventure. I'd love to have one of those some day. Great purchase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks