• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 kw generator mep 803a

Guyfang

Staff member
You guys are spot on! Before you start any job, clean it up. Also keeps dirt and junk from being introduced into the fuel system. keeps you clean, and the laundry lady happy also!

CT-Mike

LindyP38,

Sorry to get OT but what is your connection to Eagle Point? I was born in Medford, and my parents moved to Eagle Point when they retired.

liebsce

Does anyone know the part number for the mating connector of the diagnostic port? I am assuming it is a mil spec. amphenol part but cannot seem to find it listed anywhere. Thanks.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you need to download 'Amphenol /Matrix MS/Standard MIL-DTL-5015 Cylindrical Connectors'

from there you can use the info from your connector to find the mate. be prepared for it to be VERY expensive.

Guyfang

Staff member
Sadly, the military paid for a wonderful diagnostic system, compatible to all MEP-8XX gen sets. Just think, one test set to use on all generators. Then was too cheap to pay for the hardware and software. So naturally, they never put the canon plug in the parts manual.

Gives me the chance to complain about not having the FEDLOG files. If you look up the male side of the plug in FEDLOG, it gives you the female side NSN.

liebsce

Using info provided by m-35tom I was able to find the insert and proper pin arrangement. My 803 is a 2010 model and it appears the connector was changed from screw thread to bayonet somewhere along the line. I'm not giving up yet. Looking at the wiring diagram I believe it is possible to build a display for this unit.

sandmanxx

Question on the fuse mod..

My MEP-803A has the fuse mod. But the main stator is blown - 1.2 ohms. That's direct from cutting the pin connector leads and stripping the wires.

SIDE NOTE: Try messing around with these and your truck with a blown knee on crutches. I really want to get the MEP-803 going but it's almost impossible
to move the engine around, work on floor, reach across for whatever, maneuver in a 2 car garage with enough stuff to fill a 4 car garage lol..

Not a happy camper here.

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question on the fuse mod..

My MEP-803A has the fuse mod. But the main stator is blown - 1.2 ohms. That's direct from cutting the pin connector leads and stripping the wires.

SIDE NOTE: Try messing around with these and your truck with a blown knee on crutches. I really want to get the MEP-803 going but it's almost impossible
to move the engine around, work on floor, reach across for whatever, maneuver in a 2 car garage with enough stuff to fill a 4 car garage lol..

Not a happy camper here.
Can you post your test results?

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Y'know if one looks at the diagnostic port he'll see that very few pins are used. It wouldn't take much to swap out that large connector for something smaller that has both the Jack and Plug side. Done well, it could look pretty spiffy.

A wheatstone bridge is used to measure resistance (especially in low resistance) circuits very accurately. I'd hazard a guess that if one used a good quality ohmmeter he could get a good (enough) go - no go reading. Probably best to use an analog ohmmeter rather than digital in order to see the fine values rather than the averages, rounded to whatever the digital ohmmeter specs are. Just remember, when reading resistance one must make sure that the component is isolated from all other components, or there may be some "back current circuitry" affecting the readings.

When measuring the stator, be sure to measure resistance between windings to check for shorts between windings. That inter-winding resistance should be infinity

If you really want a wheatstone bridge, they are for sale on ebay.....

Last edited:

m32825

So an update as promised I did indeed obtain the special switch thanks to
zarathustra and his great lead on this part.

So I did contact

Quantum Controls

Chanhassen , MN
1-952-361-3694
and asked for Wendy

The part number for
S14 switch in the mep-803a is part # SDS1008821091 switch.

Here are some photos of the relay and what it looks like in case anybody needs to know.

SO did indeed pay the 75 dollars pretty cheap considering how easy it was to get the part in my opinion.

Thanks for posting this. Updates...

When you call ask for Brenda. The part number is SPS1008821091 (not SDS). The cost is now $78 plus shipping.

-- Carl

mijoe

Using info provided by m-35tom I was able to find the insert and proper pin arrangement. My 803 is a 2010 model and it appears the connector was changed from screw thread to bayonet somewhere along the line. I'm not giving up yet. Looking at the wiring diagram I believe it is possible to build a display for this unit.
Hey there, did you ever find a connector that fit your rig and a pinout to go with it? I am in the process of figuring out if I can build a diagnostic display for my rig too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks