• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton cargo truck

DKELONE

John frey from covington, ky(near cincinati, oh) had several 10t tractors and trucks. John passed away 3 or 4 years ago and his son aaron handled selling off the equipment. He may still have one or could point you to one of his buyers. Also long on m37 stuff. Sorry no phone numbers. The frey family owned an excavation company as well.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever I wanted a new truck, my Dad, now deceased, used to say, "Why don't you pretend you did (buy it), but don't!" This saying applies to any 10 ton! I've owned one and they are not for the faint of heart. They are much cooler to look at than drive. Make sure you know what you are in for. I'd buy one...but only with the understanding that I'd look at it more than I would drive it. They are not much fun to drive...as strange as that sounds.

Benw6110

That would be a nice purchase! When you call them, be sure to give them their avatar back.
Hey thanks for the insight on the avatar! I didn’t realize there were rules on what picture you had. But, again thanks for informing me that it was copied from there web page!:wink:

Cdub

As a Five ton cargo truck owner. I would just love a 10 ton anything......!! Hahaha........or for that fact a M911........

The five ton kinda growns on you and it's really not that big to me anymore as it was in the begining. A ten ton is overwidth and needs special permits to move on public roads and highways as stated before. I'm sure depending upon where you live things may be different and could get away with a lot more.

I just love BIG TRUCKS, but for right now I have to settle for a five ton. For where I live anything bigger would be just out of the question, even if I could find one for sale.

I got a chance to see a M123 up close at our MTA show/swap meet last spring. Wow....Yes she is a big tractor.....and I loved it.........!! You really don't feel the scale of the size of them until you stand right next to them.....What a truck...but yes, very large and wonderfull.

Here is a pic of the tractor and Bruces cargo/prime mover

Enjoy and make the right choice,

C'dub

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
I hope in the next 6 months I can find one to buy though...I do NOT want a diesel.I rather have a gas burner.Not like you really get that much better fuel mileage with a diesel....and I didn't really buy anything green for the ecconomy......even though I thought about a CUCV.....But I would love to have a M125 gas burner with straight pipes.Talk about ground pounder!

Benw6110

hummm... could i put that front winch from the 10 ton cargo on the front of lets just say a m813 or m123a1c? I mean would it be a fit or would i have to do some cut, chop, rebuild?

FreightTrain

Banned
ummmm,that deuce looks tiny.Love how the hood is level with the cab top of the deuce.........I have got to get me one of these things!Hey,what ever happened with the attempt to get some new NDT tires made up for the big things?Someone on here had a line on a company willing to make them fairly cheap compaired to the alternative....I think it was $500 a tire vrs $1000 a tire for the HET tires.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an M123 on e-bay, the guy is asking 20 some thousand for it!!!!! But as for going to Oshkosh Equipment, you'd be better getting ahold of Rancher's Supply. That is just as to price difference. And as I understand it, Winer Motors in Akron has two tractors for sale, about 20,000. each. Havn't seen them, and don't know the condition. But they do have some nice stuff they WON'T part with. A Sherman recovery vehicle, a Sherman, and an M-5. All sinking into the earth. Why I wouldn't give for that recovery unit. (made an offer, and was refused with about a hundred others as I hear it.)

D8dave

Benw6110 I sat in a M125 at dave newmans place years ago but he sold it don't know where it went. And yes they did make them they pulled the 155mm around with them. Call easten supply ask for dave newman . Hey you do know they are overwidth and not steet leagal!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the one that Dave Newman had was my truck. I sold it to him and he sold it to a guy in VA. Last I heard, he was entering it into tractor pulls! Too bad, too...I was told he is abusing the piss out of the truck. I realize it was made for this abuse, but that truck had a frame-up restoration done on it in the early 90s...too nice to abuse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks