• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100% used motor oil fuel.

dkr223

im new to the whole wmo alt. fuel thing and i am really interested in it but funding for a filtering system is scarce right now since i just got married about 5 months ago. what is the cheapest yet safest way to run wmo in my deuce?

avengeusa

im new to the whole wmo alt. fuel thing and i am really interested in it but funding for a filtering system is scarce right now since i just got married about 5 months ago. what is the cheapest yet safest way to run wmo in my deuce?
filters and gravity, but it is messy and they plug up a lot, get a decent size centrifuge, they do work well, and in 6 tanks of fuel it has paid for its self

dkr223

i just dont have the resources for a fuge in the amount of time i need the filtering system up and running. i will be starting to drive my deuce everyday to work soon (40 miles one way) so im tryin to get something goin quick. i am manager of a diesel mechanic shop so my wmo supply is unlimited.

dkr223

mack trucks use fuge filters on the engine oil system and there are aftermarket fuge systems for eighteen wheelers for the engine oil system. i just havent ever seen any to be used on a fuel system. i dont know what it would do if say u get some spare money and run a tank full of pure diesel through one.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search centrifuge, and there is a thread of me using one to filter fuel. It will be for sale, moving to a larger system.

Dennis

namedpipes

Serious question. I'm picturing a more or less automatic rig starting with a 55 gallon tank with a screened inlet.

Pour in the dirty oil, activating a float switch that engages the centriguge and a very low flow valve to let gravity drip dirty oil into the filter. When the dirty oil level drops to a certain point the valve closes and the 'fuge stops. I'd have to clean that between uses. The idea would be to fill the dirty tank and let it work on its own for a day or two. I can't use 50 gallons in a day so it really doesn't matter how long it takes.

The clean oil would drip into a 250 gal collection tank (a repurposed oil tank from a home furnace)

Finally, pump out clean fuel as needed into the vehicle. Once there is enough fuel in the collection tank, just adding waste oil as I get it would keep me topped up.

The question is, has anybody tried a system as automated as that and how did it work out, or is the idea too hairbrained? I love the idea of recycling waste oil (and saving money) but I really don't want to dedicate my weekends to making fuel for the week...

Bonus Points Silly question. If one filtered home heating oil using a centriguge, would the dye filter out, leaving nice iced tea shaded fuel? Not that I would do that, but I'm curious. Actually, tranny fluid is red, too. Would this clean that up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks