• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100% used motor oil fuel.

Divemaster920

Banned
The one I made...I bypassed the inner bowl( the one that is red in the pic). I just have 1 drain and when I have finnished I just put the hose in a waste container. I used an old 60QT stock pot. I would suggest that what ever top you use make sure it is air tight. These things produce a lot of vaporized(?) oil. If you are near it while running you can taste what ever you are running, if you do not have a good top. I run mine at about 5gal an hour.
Curtis

avengeusa

I thought the oil was pumped or "piped" (for a lack of a better term) into the bowl.
nope, use gravity, with a valve, any valve to control flow

I have some doggie bowls from the farm store that are going to work fine for the application, the lid will be plexiglass with some spring clips of some sort to hold it tight, anywhoo, here are the bowls, the smaller one will get cut down is size, height....

they will be positioned as shown with the bowl in the middle, some legs, and the motor all hooked up, and it should be fine

avengeusa

first bowl....

second bowl, which will be shortened, shown inside of first bowl, adding of the second bowl is not needed, but makes cleanup a lot nicer, and you do not contaminate your good oil with unfiltered oil

centrifuge bowl shown inside of both bowls

Attachments

avengeusa

here is a little video showing the bowl mounted to the motor, the motor sitting on a bench, perfectly balanced while running, these are nice bowls......

Attachments

Lonesome715

I wish I could view the video over here. From what I see it is a completely different set up from what I had planned. I was going to pump or gravity feed from one tank thourght the filtering device into another tank.

frodobaggins

I wish I could view the video over here. From what I see it is a completely different set up from what I had planned. I was going to pump or gravity feed from one tank thourght the filtering device into another tank.
That's exactly what you do, what are you confused about ? If it's the video, he had it turned sideways to show balance...

avengeusa

I like the simple centrifuge , but i hate the 500 dollar price tag on the bowl, that is where a huge part of the cost comes from

with my bowl, and motor, a template, a couple doggie bowls, some plexiglass, and an inexpensive angle iron mount someone could make their own for 600-700 dollars and have a budget setup

here are some more pics.....

this is easy, you could probably build a whole body for under 50 dollars

I made a template to mark where to drill the holes for the motor and the motor shaft...

easy as can be

I still have to make a mount and trim the smaller bowl height down

it will all be done monday or so

Attachments

shannondeese

I run 50/50 WMO in my 1992 IDI. I also run on WVO in the summer for the last 3 years and have had no problems. Now that I have a duece I'll be running the same mix in it. So far I had to change the lift pump on the IDI last summer but with 250,000 miles on the OD it might have just been time to change it.

frodobaggins

I like the simple centrifuge , but i hate the 500 dollar price tag on the bowl, that is where a huge part of the cost comes from

with my bowl, and motor, a template, a couple doggie bowls, some plexiglass, and an inexpensive angle iron mount someone could make their own for 600-700 dollars and have a budget setup

here are some more pics.....

this is easy, you could probably build a whole body for under 50 dollars

I made a template to mark where to drill the holes for the motor and the motor shaft...

easy as can be

I still have to make a mount and trim the smaller bowl height down

it will all be done monday or so

You are going to put a lip in there to keep the crap from running down the motor shaft right ?

Lonesome715

I run 50/50 WMO in my 1992 IDI. I also run on WVO in the summer for the last 3 years and have had no problems. Now that I have a duece I'll be running the same mix in it. So far I had to change the lift pump on the IDI last summer but with 250,000 miles on the OD it might have just been time to change it.
That is one reason I want to run older engines in my pick up trucks. Have you or any one had any real experiance with running a 50/50 mixture in later model stuff? I think a 25/75 mixture is okay, but I would like to bump it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks