• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100% used motor oil fuel.

stampy

I love mine! I was filtering home heating oil(old) and ended up filling the bowl with solids!:shock: I don't get as much junk in wmo or wvo. Since I changed the filter on the CUCV I have no problems. The filter kit is a Walmart item in the back near the boating supplies. I picked up two barbed fittings at Lowes. I have been blending in a large tank with a low side drain (for any water that might get in). I plan on putting in a dedicted pump/filter asssembly to take it down to 5 microns. That will catch any rust left in the tank or anything missed by the centrifuge.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How well do you guys think a transfer tank pump will work (for a filter cart)? The kind you see in the back of pickup trucks. Oh it says it can dry prime 6ft, and is 15 psi output. Thanks

Matt

avengeusa

sorry, but the smaller unit is like the standard bowls everyone else is making, the larger ones are an inch larger in diameter, because of the larger diameter there will be more centrifugal force, which means cleaner oil faster, and more oil volume

grounded

Banned
what do we also need to get to make your system work besides getting the motor, and bowl? Im new to the centrifuge setups. i just been using filters. Thinking of needing a way to filter ALOT more oil at once

avengeusa

what do we also need to get to make your system work besides getting the motor, and bowl? Im new to the centrifuge setups. i just been using filters. Thinking of needing a way to filter ALOT more oil at once
this will work a bizillion times better than a filter setup, you can clean oil to the point where it looks like iced tea, someone on this site had a pic

you need to fab up a body to catch the oil as it spins out of the bowl, very easy to do, and there are a number of ways to make one, even an old stainless, or aluminum pot from a kitchen supply store will work, some drilling, I am working on legs now

you need to heat the oil to about 120-150 degrees, and it will do a lot of oil, 100 gallons a day should be easy with the larger bowl......

I am working on a poor mans setup for this, when it is done i will post pics, If someone has access to a welder they are golded, easy as cake, the could use plate and pipe to make one, bolt in the motor, and the bowl, and they are off to the deuce wmo races

this first batch was fun, working out all of the anodizing bugs, quality will go up as i go further

grounded

Banned
where does, or what do you do with the stuff that it cleans out the gunk? does it stay stuck to the centrifuge? i got containers to catch it, and can build a mount for everything.

All i got to do is figure out how to heat it and set it up. Im trying to set up to do 600-800 gallon at a time (monthly) and figure that this would be alot more cost effective then filters thats what im attempting

avengeusa

wipe it out from inside the bowl, and throw it away......

very simple and easy, the bowl has three holes in the bottom that drain uncleaned wmo so you can clean the bowl easy

Lonesome715

I might go ahead and buy one from you. Just one question and I appoligize if it has already been addressed. What about water that may be in the wast oil? Will this device take care of that or do I still require a water seperator?

Ironclad

I'm definitely interested in your setup. I checked out your website and it mentioned a "plug and play" setup. When and how much please? Also, the "poor man's" setup sounds interesting.

Can you have them ready by tomorrow? :wink:

avengeusa

I might go ahead and buy one from you. Just one question and I appoligize if it has already been addressed. What about water that may be in the wast oil? Will this device take care of that or do I still require a water seperator?

water is heavier than oil, it will be forced to the outside of the bowl as well, and when the centrifuge stops spinning, the water and unfiltered oil in the bowl will all drain from the three small holes into an area under the bowl, which will be drained into a bucket, all on its own....

I am not going to use a water separator, not needed

avengeusa

I'm definitely interested in your setup. I checked out your website and it mentioned a "plug and play" setup. When and how much please? Also, the "poor man's" setup sounds interesting.

Can you have them ready by tomorrow? :wink:
I am working on a casting right now, with feet and drains built in, as well as a preheater, wmo, wvo would drain into the unit form a bucket/drum, whatever you want to use, and then through the small preheater element, then be filtered, and drain into another bucket, drum, or whatever, ready to use, plug and play is not ready to go yet...... casting work...

the unit could be built very easily with a couple large kitchen pots.....

I am thinking a kitchen supply store, you would need one small one, slightly larger in diameter than the outside of the centrifuge bowl, you would cut off the top of it to fit the centrifuge bowl, the top would be just under the lip of the centrfuge bowl....

the small bowl, and the motor would be fastened inside of a larger pot....

the larger pot would be purchased with a lid also......

two drains would be inserted into the bottom of the pot

I will post a diagram in a minute here

avengeusa

you would have a centrifuge bowl, sitting in a metal bowl, inside of a metal bowl

2 drains, one for cleaned oil, one for water/junk, and one inlet

I am on the hunt for metal pots today, i will find something.... i will mod it and make it work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks