• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100DOLLARMAN's 1st Bobbed 5 Ton!!!

Rgdl

It's about freakin' time you bob a 5-ton Hundy.:mrgreen:

Is this one a customer request or will it be for sale once done?

edit: Just saw the answer to my question on Pirate4x4.

Last edited:

rwbrown72

How come all the bob jobs gotta take a nice 6x6 and cut it up? Can't you take one that is a little rusty and less-than-perfect and make your red-headed stepchild out of it?

:(

Sorry, just my two cents. It's a beautiful truck you have there, hate to see it get neutered.
I agree... Find a less than perfect one. Just my 2cents That one is really nice... Put it in the classifieds and for the money buy two Sh^&y ones from GL to bob.

pcblakeley

Cant wait to see it, please post lots of pics.....I have been thinking about dropping my rear axle if I keep the truck for a while.....cant wait to see the progress!

100dollarman

I appreciate you guys that dont want to cut it because it is a nice one--- but we only BOB nice ones!!! I always pick out the best trucks to use. My customers WANT a GOOD truck, not a POS!

Honestly, if I could make a living selling non-bobbed trucks, I would. Last year was so slow that I decided to do more 'bobbers' this year to help keep business rolling. It is what people want, and it keeps me and my employees fed.

BTW- if anyone wants a nice 5 ton or 2.5-- I have them in stock!

rwbrown72

I appreciate you guys that dont want to cut it because it is a nice one--- but we only BOB nice ones!!! I always pick out the best trucks to use. My customers WANT a GOOD truck, not a POS!

Honestly, if I could make a living selling non-bobbed trucks, I would. Last year was so slow that I decided to do more 'bobbers' this year to help keep business rolling. It is what people want, and it keeps me and my employees fed.

BTW- if anyone wants a nice 5 ton or 2.5-- I have them in stock!
I understand the dollars and cents of business... Wish there were another way. Ford made a lot of 65' mustangs and they are hard to find now. Someday these will be too. But I do understand the money issue. At least they are not going to the crusher! AS a side not.... I have a bobbed deuce. It is what attracted me to this hobby, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.