• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

101 bed on a 1008? Possible?

Boreal21

No build thread. I did not take photos of the process. We bought a dual 3KW gennerator set, sold the generators, pulled the fenders from the trailer frame, slid the trailer under the maintenance bed drilled a few holes and bolted it down. It was pretty straight forward. Wiring it back up was the most difficult and that was easy. I pulled the harness from the trailer and just put a pig tail on the box to hook into a standard four wire trailer plug. Empty it is a bit tail heavy so I put a spare tire on the front of the trailer to give it some tongue weight. I do want to swap the landing leg for a leg with one that is adjustable to make it more user friendly. I'll probably just remove it and throw on an after market one.

I do not have photos but can take some the next time I go out to the farm. I never considered it that swoopy but have had some positive comments and offers to buy from people visiting. Could give those beds away so I scrapped two real nice ones. Slap one on a $200 trailer frame and everyone wants it. Why is that?
So does the 1031 box still have some equipment in it? Generator? Compressor?

One of the above posters talked about putting their 1031 box with a PTO generator on a trailer frame and using a gasser engine to turn the PTO. I guess that wouldn't be necessary if you have the Wisconsin style generator...

Anyway, sounds like a cool project and I'd love to see some pics next time you think of it :beer:

DrJekl

No I took all of that out. I have a 10KW generator on a 101 trailer and scored two raised platforms from a 5KW set. I mounted those on the 10KW trailer fenders and on that I have my air compressor and circuit panel from the 1031. Also have a Mig wilder on it. I want to add a cord reel one day but I'm not there yet.

I have five of the M1031 generator heads and thought they'd sell but you can't give those things away either. I wonder what I could mount one of those to so people may want them. if you could rig up an 1800 RPM input to it you'd be golden. probably would not be hard to slap something on a tractor carry all and make it work.

Boreal21

I know there is a 1031 with a stripped box in Moab. It used to have the PTO generator on it, but everything has been cleaned out. I wonder if the owner wouldn't want one of your extra PTO heads...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks