• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028A3 Clearfield Utah to Las Cruces NM route advice?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Anyone have any leads on a vehicle shipper who can move a mid 80's fullsize Chevy Truck for me? I can probably get it myself, but I'd like to see how much it would cost to have it shipped.

Thanks,
Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Salt Lake City UT to Las Cruces NM?

jimbo* said:
If it's a runner, I can probably get it to Moab or even even Farmington for you.
Looks to be a dead soldier at this point, based on the description.......

Thanks Jim!

area52

RE: Re: RE: Salt Lake City UT to Las Cruces NM?

Hey Ed,

If you are still after this and can get it to Farmington, you can store it at my place if you want to.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Salt Lake City UT to Las Cruces NM?

area52 said:
Hey Ed,

If you are still after this and can get it to Farmington, you can store it at my place if you want to.
Thanks,

I've got a couple of weeks before I need to move on this, but I'll keep the offer in mind.

Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
CCATLETT1984 said:
that body looks mint, very nice find.
If you dont mind my asking, whatcha pay?
$3501.00, but I just HAD to have it.......

Lucky on the find thing, someone posted a link to the auction the other day and I just happened to see it before it was deleted :D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
jimbo* said:
Congrats, FMJ. Hope it's as clean as it looks. Let me know when you are ready to turn loose of your M1008.
Jim, you got a truck I can borrow to go get it?.......lol, I don't think my 1008 has enough testicular fortitude for the job, and the Blue truck is down until I get a new T/C put in it....

I'm toying with flat towing it with one of my towbars and the 1008, but there are alot of hills between here and there......plus that truck weighs around 6500 empty I think..... :shock:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ said:
CCATLETT1984 said:
that body looks mint, very nice find.
If you dont mind my asking, whatcha pay?
$3501.00, but I just HAD to have it.......

Lucky on the find thing, someone posted a link to the auction the other day and I just happened to see it before it was deleted :D
Plus shipping and handling......$$$$$$$

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.2 diesels are no powerhouse but with 4.56 cogs, they probably are up to the job. You might consider putting some stock rubber on the 08 for this recovery. Sacrifice top end for some grunt. I took the liberty of shortening the above link.

2deuce

I was watching that sale. I would like that truck too. It looked good but with a bad head gasket and too many projects already, I didn't bid.

Greg

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Recovry4x4 said:
6.2 diesels are no powerhouse but with 4.56 cogs, they probably are up to the job. You might consider putting some stock rubber on the 08 for this recovery. Sacrifice top end for some grunt. I took the liberty of shortening the above link.
Thanks Kenny,

Unless someone comes through on U-ship, I'm going to take the 1008 with 500 pounds of concrete in the rear of the bed to keep the towbar from pushing the backend around.

Ed

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ed, besides the concrete you can try moving weight from the dually to the 08. Batts, maybe outside duals and whatever. A few hundred pounds is a few hundred pounds.

area52

Why don't you just go get it with a deuce? Yea, its a little far but it would tow it with less problems.

Let me know when you are going in case you need any help.

area52

Also, I was looking at your route you are planning on taking. The road from Gallup to Shiprock is two lane and not friendly to slow moving vehicles. I would recommend going up through Albuquerque and up 550 to Bloomfield. Its a four lane highway all the way to Shiprock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks