• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028A3 Clearfield Utah to Las Cruces NM route advice?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
area52 said:
Why don't you just go get it with a deuce? Yea, its a little far but it would tow it with less problems.

Let me know when you are going in case you need any help.
My Arse hurts after driving that thing 50 miles, let alone 850......each way.....

plus the 1008 will go a bit faster and gets better mpg.....

Plus if the Deuce goes down, its WAY more expensive to recover, lol

gunner01

why not rent a trailer and tow the thing home....its not that heavy nor is it heavy....chev dually plus trailer would be like towing a boat no big deal........

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Recovry4x4 said:
Ed, besides the concrete you can try moving weight from the dually to the 08. Batts, maybe outside duals and whatever. A few hundred pounds is a few hundred pounds.
Kenny, I hadn't thought of that but its a very good idea, will move what I can, based on the pics I have there are no batteries, but the outer duals should be easy enough.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
gunner01 said:
why not rent a trailer and tow the thing home....its not that heavy nor is it heavy....chev dually plus trailer would be like towing a boat no big deal........
I can get a trailer no prob, I was considering the extra 2500-3000 pounds the trailer would add....

figure 9k towed all together, for a truck that only makes 150hp on a good day, vs 6500 towed for just the truck.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Plan is next Sunday, drive up, hotel, beer, pizza, load up and head back Monday. This trip will also save me a couple hundred shiping on items at Hill AFB.

Thanks for the advice Kenny!

muddog

Nice looking truck, I had a guy trying to sell me one just like it for $6800.00 .Sounds like you got a good deal. Good luck with it and enjoy
Harold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks