• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 generator

Matt0729

I have a 1031 that I need some generator parts. After bypassing the osi everything seems to be working. So it appears I need the osi box. I also lost magnetism in the generator, but have gotten it back with a 24 volt short is that a common practice.

Matt

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

So, you have a M1031 truck?

You are having problems with a mounted generator in it?

Last edited:

Matt0729

Yes that is a m1031. That truck has an updated generator control. I haven't been able to find any replacement parts that are made to work with 1031. The osi box controls over Rev of the truck motor I believe.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
047 (2) (2).jpgYup , 1031 Maintenance Truck , It had a generator , air compressor and tools . Also had a welder and gas bottles . Kinda of a strange system on the generator side . If you can pick up one of those new control box's that would be the ticket . When there is a problem with the system it is usually a switch/sensor or the control panel . My genset works , but I would replace the control box if I could . As a side note some of the 1031's came with a self contained welder/generator , not sure when that happened or why .

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try searching using term "SECM". Lots of discussion on the obsolete controller and how to remedy the situation.

Matt0729

Thanks for the replies
i have been researching and have really only found the one source from b4thunder. I have tried to reach out to him with no luck. Just trying to find another way to easily plug a new controller in. My next best option would be get a gen mechanic and have start from zero.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks