• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 generator

Matt0729

I have a 1031 that I need some generator parts. After bypassing the osi everything seems to be working. So it appears I need the osi box. I also lost magnetism in the generator, but have gotten it back with a 24 volt short is that a common practice.

Matt

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

So, you have a M1031 truck?

You are having problems with a mounted generator in it?

Last edited:

Matt0729

Yes that is a m1031. That truck has an updated generator control. I haven't been able to find any replacement parts that are made to work with 1031. The osi box controls over Rev of the truck motor I believe.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
047 (2) (2).jpgYup , 1031 Maintenance Truck , It had a generator , air compressor and tools . Also had a welder and gas bottles . Kinda of a strange system on the generator side . If you can pick up one of those new control box's that would be the ticket . When there is a problem with the system it is usually a switch/sensor or the control panel . My genset works , but I would replace the control box if I could . As a side note some of the 1031's came with a self contained welder/generator , not sure when that happened or why .

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try searching using term "SECM". Lots of discussion on the obsolete controller and how to remedy the situation.

Matt0729

Thanks for the replies
i have been researching and have really only found the one source from b4thunder. I have tried to reach out to him with no luck. Just trying to find another way to easily plug a new controller in. My next best option would be get a gen mechanic and have start from zero.

Matt