• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10Ton Demolition/Part Out

Dirt71

Started the demo on the 10 ton with the hurt motor this weekend. This is the truck that I tried to crank and sucked a bunch of oxidized aluminum down into one of the cylinders. I'm going to utilized the frame where the engine sits and make a test stand out of it. Theres alot of good parts to keep off this truck but the axles and tranny are going to SECO as well as the axles and tranny from the other red 10 ton. Once I get the test stand built I will pull the heads and see what its going to take to fix it. This engine will go in the truck I bought back from the logger in Panama City and will be for sale. ;)

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever considered "bobbing" a 10 ton?

Andy1234

David,

I can use several parts off of it.
To start:
  • Front bumper
  • Spare tire davit
  • Rear quarter fenders
  • Battery box under passenger seat
  • (5) wheels and tires
I'm sure I'll think of more....

Please call me (314) 691-1792
Andy

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the rest of us can only dream of owning the one he's going to fix up and sell. Nothing wrong with BIG TRUCKS. Good luck with them.

AMGeneral

I'm gonna regret asking but,

David,would you call me if you still have my phone number,I am interested in the 10 ton you are gonna do the engine swap in.

Brandon

Dirt71

Got a little more demo done today. Dropped the front axle, pulled the engine and transmission and seperated the two. Next thing to do is cut up the frame for the test stand I'm going to make and then pull the heads and see what damage I did.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it would be super nice to have a 10 ton.. even if it didnt run. just sitting around to look at..:drool:...:drool:...:drool:...:drool:...:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks