• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11:00 R x 20's on deuce/135 rims

Westech

CPL
well here is a trie mounted on a deuce/135 rim. I used tubes and flaps for a 11:00 tire and it worked really well. just have to make sure to clean! clean! clean! everything. the rim, the ring, and the inside of the tire!! any bit of rust or dirt in the tire will kill the tube.

Attachments

Adamlee

Those wheels & tires look just right for my deuce.....

Wow, maybe I was channeling the OD frequency or something, but those XL's in that size on those same M135 rims are exactly what I am hunting for to use with my deuce.

I suppose it is irrelevant to ask, but where & how much on a set of M135 wheels, if you don't mind me asking?

I was just thinking along the lines of NDCC 1100-20's on stock M35 rims, to gain some height and a slightly different look. The Michelin XL's would be even better, but I know they gots to be more $$$ than plain old 1100-20 NDCC's.

Good pics for reference!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech, are you going to run singles or duels? I really like that tire!(SWEET) :jumpin:

forklift

Are 135 rims different than duece rims? If so , how?? I also would like to know where to pick some of those up. Do you have to run tubes?

Adamlee

M135 rims

forklift said:
Are 135 rims different than duece rims? If so , how?? I also would like to know where to pick some of those up. Do you have to run tubes?
Yea, the wheels are offset to run as singles versus as duals....read westech's initial email, he details how he had to clean up the inside of the wheels before putting in flaps & tubes (least I think he did).....

Those rims, in combo with turning your rear hubs inside out, allow a deuce to run with all six tires in the same track....

Last I heard, M135 rims were harder to find...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NSN is 2530-00-738-9618 for those wheels. They add close to 4 inches to the total track width.
I paid $95/ea for mine, but that was years ago, don't know current pricing.

Loose Deuce

Ok, So a M211 wheel has a different off set compared to a M35 wheel ? Whic this article is refering to so the 1100x20 tires will fit better with the hubs flipped ? :?:

Reason I'm asking I know where two 211's are setting, they look like they have been sitting there a very long time.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Westech! Now everyone will scarf up the 135 rims, and I won't have any! :( :(

This is my next deuce mod, just keeping an eye out for tires and rims.

Dennis

Last edited:

FSBruva

Adamlee-
My set of 11 m135 wheels cost me 400, but i also got the truck.

doghead-
M135 wheels can't be run as duals - the tires will touch before the rims do.

Loose deuce-
M211 and m35 wheels are the exact same, with 10.5 inches of offset. M135 and M34 wheels are the exact same, which is what WT has. M135 wheels have 9.5 inches of offset. The rear hubs are flipped to move the face of the hub (that the wheel touches) out to be in line with the front wheels.

Check out gerhard's diagram in this thread:
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5810

Matt

Loose Deuce

OK guys, I understand everything so far except one thing! What in the Hell is a M135 ? Call me stupid but I aint figured it out yet. Is it a Truck ? :oops: :) :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks