• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00s on deuce rims

Trango

No no no no no

I mean I wouldn't put 53's on a deuce rim and run it anywhere NEAR street speed on a driven vehicle.

Towed, now, that's another deal entirely. ;)

Bob

Desert Rat

Bob,
Understand, I'm going NUTS with my degree. Your previous post I read with interpreting way too much into what you said. However, I'm finding humor in most anything now (I'm in survival mode).

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you run the 11's don't you have to turn the rear hubs around so the tires don't rub the leaf springs?????

M1075

I have 10 excellent tread 1100s if anybody needs them. I also have a great set mounted on deuce rims if you need rims or want to save on mounting/demounting. If anyone is buying, send me a PM.

Desert Rat

Ken,
It looks like McI is running duals on the rear of his truck. Does that mean his hubs are not turned?

mangus580

DR, I think I have to concur... well when the $$ allows...

too many irons in the fire.. and if I try and add one more, the wife might just throw me in too!!

mangus580

this is one of my only safe havens... she has joined dang near every other thing I am on!! she doesnt know about here.... yet... :banghead:

Desert Rat

This is where you suggest since both of you use the computer so much y'all really NEED another. Then put your password on your computer to protect this site and you're home free!

mangus580

RDD, I agree!!! [thumbzup]

DR, I think I have somewhere around 4-5 computers ON in the house at any given point in time. [^] we each have our own laptops, plus my desktop, server, and who knows what else... so I think I am pretty safe.. I just cant talk about this place!!

Desert Rat

Place? What place? I have no idea what you are talking about. I've never even seen a military truck, so how would I know about a place to even TALK about them? It's a big mystery in the vast expanse of the universe....................................

Squirtgunner

:yeah: Oh yea! The target is painted. Ol' SG [8] has got to have a big fat set of size elevens to whip up weekend Number Sixes on unsuspecting rural Arizona communities!!!

I gotta clear up a few things first...

Will all TEN elevens run on a stock duece?

If not, what gets tweaked to make it happen?

What's "turned hubs" mean?

Who wants a full set of nines plus a spare? Cheep!

Who knows/remembers what a Number Six is?

Fifteen Shnitzengloobens to the winner.

Desert Rat

SG,
Yes
not applicable
swap brake hubs from side to side (if I'm wrong, oops. Hey, it's early in the morning! I don't really wake up until 1300!)
I'm getting 11s
if a nine follows, then I'm innocent!

jasonjc

you must take the hub off, remove it from the brake drum, knock out the studs, reinstall them the oppisit way ,then remount the hub to the brake drum the oppisit way as it came off.
I hope that made sences I'm not good with putting words on paper or this thing

jason

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason hit the nail on the head. the hubs are drilled and tapped on both sides so you can change the offset. Then the 11.00's will clear the rear leaf springs. Yea it takes all day to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks