• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

-12* will the deuce start?

dittle

last i knew they ALL had problems. mainly head gaskets due to the egr cooler failing. around 4-5k in upgrades and you got a nice reliable engine. :roll:
Haven't had any issues with my 6.0. Mine was one of the very first ones as it was made/bought in '03 when they were offereing both the 6.0 and 7.3.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@ hndrson.....the trucks are well maintained.....its the cold weather here.....-35 is just straight up cold without a battery heater or anything to keep the cold off of the engine....
Well being that i'm from WI, I and any diesel owner (who's not ASE certified) knows to take precautions with the cold weather. There are many cheap ways to ensure they will start in the cold. Deuces will start in the very cold weather if prepared correctly-period.

Westech

CPL
HJ what is your problem? We just drove the deuces 1300 MILES and parked them. All we did was add some coolant and oil. I went out to the trucks the other morning before I had to go to the VA and tried to start them. LAY OFF

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HJ what is your problem? We just drove the deuces 1300 MILES and parked them. All we did was add some coolant and oil. I went out to the trucks the other morning before I had to go to the VA and tried to start them. LAY OFF
Not a thing, but your wife said they were well maintained and its just the cold, that's not true. Deuces will start in the cold, that's it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks