• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1400x20s on M813

FM5332FF

M215 What kind of lights are those mounted in your front bumper? APC? I thought of doing the same with mine. Your Truck Looks Great. [thumbzup]

green goat

I like the look of the hubs flipped on your truck and have been thinking of trying it on my 925a2 but the hub is shaped different and not sure if it will work, anyone here tried it?

M920

I agree, it was a lot of work, but it was what I wanted. Flipping the rear hubs allows the rims to all face the same way, bolts out with the hubs flush with the face of the rims.
I think it was well worth flipping the hubs....The truck looks awesome that way! :beer:

Do they track the same that way?

Soni

cmayer85

I agree, it was a lot of work, but it was what I wanted. Flipping the rear hubs allows the rims to all face the same way, bolts out with the hubs flush with the face of the rims.

Karl
i agree with jwaller, i think it is way too much work for no benefit to me,with that being said im a firm believer that its your truck to do with as you please. looks great singled out [thumbzup]

Bearpaws

Awesome looking truck. Very clean look with the hubs flipped. I don't know if this is the same with the MVs ? The commercial " Ten Wheelers" that ran the wide super singles on the steer axle had a increased toe adjustment to solve the wondering ride. I read that 920 runs 22.5s on his big ol truck. Might find out what he did. The speeds he can hit sure must be right. Seem to remember 3/8" to 1/2"
toe. You might get your tape measure out and check what you have. If all your componets on your steering are in good order you might increase what you have for toe in slightly and see if this helps. And of coarse watch for increased wear. The tires looked to be rounded at the shoulders. Might be the characteristic of these to do this.

spicergear

Nice look with the hubs out! Lends itself to a more Eastern European truck look as it seems lots of them are singled out from the getgo and have a similar look. Looks great!

JWaller or others: When the five ton hubs are left flipped in is the track width the same front and rear? I know on the deuces it puts the rear wider than the front.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great look on that 813!

Without hub flipping is any other modification necessary to put HEMTT rims on an 809 truck? Someone mentioned new lug nuts? I'm looking to single out my 813 with 14s as well and I thought I needed the newer 5 ton rims to do it with no mods, just get the 14s put on some HEMTT rims, then a wheel change on the the truck, swapping the old split rims and 11.00 NDTs for the new HEMTT rims and 14.00s. M215 made it look easy with HEMTT rims. :mrgreen:

Any speed increase with the 14s? I'm happy running about 50mph with my truck, they werent made for much more than that, but I'm curious if the 14s change the top speed much while keeping the engine at a happy rpm.

dlc

Hey you wheels guys!

My fire dept. Just got a set of used 14.00 X 20 wheels to put on our 5ton we use to haul water with. Problem is most of the wheels leak air. I personally am not familiar with this rim system. is it just a matter of braking them all down and then reinflating or is it more then that? what's your thought? Thanks

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any speed increase with the 14s? I'm happy running about 50mph with my truck, they werent made for much more than that, but I'm curious if the 14s change the top speed much while keeping the engine at a happy rpm.
My M813 (governed 2100rpm) will run around 65 on 14.00's. Hard to know exactly, because my speedometer only goes to 60..:wink: However, at that speed I feel a bit like a missile, and I don't like that.
I have found that the truck "likes" 57mph indicated, as in, if I drive on the highway and don't look at the gauge a lot, it will almost always be at 57 when I do. The truck and I are both quite comfortable cruising at 57, and will do so without a hiccup for several hours at a time.

That said, when I go long distances it is usually to a show and in company with Deuces, so cruise ends up being around 52mph. (Or 48mph if one of our members is in the column, he has an 'anchor' deuce..:lol:)

Cheers

M215

holding air

My fire dept. Just got a set of used 14.00 X 20 wheels to put on our 5ton we use to haul water with. Problem is most of the wheels leak air. I personally am not familiar with this rim system. is it just a matter of braking them all down and then reinflating or is it more then that? what's your thought? Thanks
DLC, not sure what type of rims you are using. 5 ton super singles & HEMIT rims are bolt together tubeless. Leaking can occur at the large O-ring or the valve stem. Most likely the O-ring. These can be converted to tube & flap type but the rim has to be modified.

cbvet

I had to replace a bad "O" ring in one of my wheels. Got the ring from Memphis.
It was a lot of work, but not terrible. I have an old forklift which helped a lot. The beadlock was a pain too, but I'd do it again before I'd pay someone else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks