• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.00r20 on A3 wheels?

usmctopgun

I'm thinking the backspacing isn't enough? I've read the threads and know the story about the bead, I'm not concerned there with it seating, but will they work and not rub? Will be running approx 8" to 10" of lift. Thoughts?

Last edited:

usmctopgun

what is the deal with A3 wheels and guys being concerned with the bead?
As stated in my above post, I'm NOT concerned with the bead, just want to know if they will rub, or if anyone has done it? I put that statement in there to avoid comments like this in the thread.... Already plenty of threads with people going back and forth about the bead seating correctly.

Last edited:

usmctopgun

you will need more then 5 or 6 " lift This photo below is with 8" with the 14.5 on them. I am going to try to use the A3 rims with mine. I will know in few days if they will work. I do not see a reason why they wont work.

Rodman

Yeah I mistyped, its more like 8"

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated in my above post, I'm NOT concerned with the bead, just want to know if they will rub, or if anyone has done it? I put that statement in there to avoid comments like this in the thread.... Already plenty of threads with people going back and forth about the bead seating correctly.

Sir I am very aware you are not concerned with the bead seating. I was wondering why people are concerned..........BTW Your tires will not fit with a 6 to 8 inch lift.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The HEMTT wheel has a good bit more backspacing than the A3 wheel. Even more so when you install a 5/8" adapter plate in them.

usmctopgun

I noticed he mentioned that, I hope with the extra lift I'll be running that won't be a problem though. Main reason I'm asking questions here, I want to get it right the first time :)

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HEMTT wheel has a good bit more backspacing than the A3 wheel. Even more so when you install a 5/8" adapter plate in them.
I'm sure you mean less backspace for the HEMTT's...
The A3 wheel/tire centerline runs over 2" inward compared to the same for a HEMTT wheel recentered with a 1/2" plate, mounted inside.

G.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sure you mean less backspace for the HEMTT's...
The A3 wheel/tire centerline runs over 2" inward compared to the same for a HEMTT wheel recentered with a 1/2" plate, mounted inside.

G.
Yes, oops, it was late when I posted that and I was dialed into work multi-tasking. OOPS

usmctopgun

So the consensus seems to be the A3 wheels don't have the correct backspacing for running 53" tires?

Oh, and the lift kit I am running will be 8", and the guy who is building it has the same kit on his A2 w/ re-centered HEMTT wheels, and no rubbing issues what so ever, so I should have plenty of lift. No differences b/t the A2/A3 there right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks