• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Its going to be fun from my viewpoint when the buttery - creamy smooth OD TM Ordinance #8 paint gets laid out on this truck. Hope ya all have your heart medications up to date. How will you fellas handle Bodaceous !!!:jumpin:

nattieleather

Its going to be fun from my viewpoint when the buttery - creamy smooth OD TM Ordinance #8 paint gets laid out on this truck. Hope ya all have your heart medications up to date. How will you fellas handle Bodaceous !!!:jumpin:
Bring it on!..... :lol: I can't wait to see it in OD.

zout

Speed and horsepower are relative - it will never be as fast as the space shuttle on launch or as slow as a turtle - but it is all original with the original engine and trans. I do not know much nor do I have any input into the owners decision - but it would be great to see it all back original with the engine that came out of it. It has to be updated for ethanol fuel anyhow - but when he see's it Friday night and pondering as the build continues I am sure his mind will change many times for what he wants as the end results.

His Truck - His Call and CAMO knows the IFS knows best.

poppop

If it were mine it would go back all original. I build my own engines so I know what they are. I am currently building a 219 diesel in my John Deere sprayer. It is causing me some heartaches as I have never build a 219. I discovered today it has balancing shafts and we got one un-timed when we had to remove the oil pump to remove one rod. This is a small hurdle and it will be right when we put the oil pan back on it. But I do have a 235 Chevy motor if anyone should happen to want one.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...as far as the engine goes, Zout says the ole 248 DOES turn over by hand so that's a REALLY good thing. Also, it was not exposed directly to the weather etc.

SO...of course the plan is to rebuild/re-install the 248 but I gotta keep all options open at this point.

Heck...I may even look at a rocket booster setup!:naner:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speed and horsepower are relative - it will never be as fast as the space shuttle on launch or as slow as a turtle - but it is all original with the original engine and trans. I do not know much nor do I have any input into the owners decision - but it would be great to see it all back original with the engine that came out of it. It has to be updated for ethanol fuel anyhow - but when he see's it Friday night and pondering as the build continues I am sure his mind will change many times for what he wants as the end results.

His Truck - His Call and CAMO knows the IFS knows best.
Not necessarliy. Rec90 is readily available and it's an ethanol free fuel. Despite the fact that ethanol costs more to produce, government subsidies keep the price of pickled (ethanol) fuel lower than the Rec90. With that said, how much will the ole girl get driven? I keep Rec90 at the house for lots of things.

Wolfen

:papabear:Here you go PB.
Well...as far as the engine goes, Zout says the ole 248 DOES turn over by hand so that's a REALLY good thing. Also, it was not exposed directly to the weather etc.

SO...of course the plan is to rebuild/re-install the 248 but I gotta keep all options open at this point.

Heck...I may even look at a rocket booster setup!:naner:

zout

Thanks Kenny - hey - can PB and I buy it on our road trip to Texas when we run out there in the K to visit him and tow PB's WC back home with us - plenty of room in the back to store fuel cans.

Got some sanding done on the passenger side as the 2 k hardens up nicely. Sure is looking nice - too bad the owner cannot see it right now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's showing up at more and more gas stations. There is a Valero (I think) right on Murphy Hwy in Blairsville that sells it. Not that you want to drive there, just to illustrate that it's becoming more prevalent as folks learn of it's existence.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We'll worry about feeding the ole girl once we get her in "fit to fight" condition!:beer:

Tony said one of his friends is gonna start selling gasoline without ethanol. Truthfully, I haven't bothered looking...yet.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A goverment report just came out that said all the ethanol was increasing not decreasing the pollution levels. Good riddance I am done rebuilding carbs

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
A goverment report just came out that said all the ethanol was increasing not decreasing the pollution levels. Good riddance I am done rebuilding carbs
Gee...ya think? Lower power...less mileage, engine damage...who would have thunk it??:roll:

I read an article that said several major auto makers refuse warranty if the new higher ethanol fuel is used.

zout

I know a better word for that ethenol stuff of what it really is !!!

K got dropped off March 26 - in 3 more days it will be a month total of it being at the DZ - its probably more like a week and a half of time working on it.
See if we can pull off a little magic here still before Friday night

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know a better word for that ethenol stuff of what it really is !!!

K got dropped off March 26 - in 3 more days it will be a month total of it being at the DZ - its probably more like a week and a half of time working on it.
See if we can pull off a little magic here still before Friday night
OK... But let's make sure Zout-2 is not awaiting my arrival Friday with a firearm...or a baseball bat!!:naner:

PS...do you have the diversion set up so we can get by that pesty Sheriff??:papabear:

Attachments

zout

Sherriff deployment is already diverted to another sector. There are also various traps set so their departure will be hindered - Drones are left for you to deal with. Just be sure to stay under the back porch roof (it has IR coating on the shingles) so they cannot face recognize you nor do any of that other tricky chit they can do with them.

DID you NOT see my avatar Pic PB ????? pretty much explains it all. Dave owns no Louisville Sluggers - but I know what she owns. All is well IFS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks